About the Diggles

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by AvzinElkein, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Velorien

Velorien Member

Only if you assume that the character isn't a hermaphrodite to begin with. After all, while we have a choice between a male-looking portrait and a female-looking portrait, there is no in-game official pronouncement of the character's gender. I don't even think there are any third-person pronouns referring to them. Nor is there any gendered clothing. So each of the characters could be male, female or any non-standard gender (including hermaphrodite).

Enjoy thinking about that the next time you roll up a character.

brobbeh likes this.
  2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Diggles are asexual and reproduce by budding. They lay eggs so that adventurers can eat them.

BTW, the logic here is flawless, but only in videogameland.

brobbeh and iconoplast like this.
  3. Kaja Rainbow

Kaja Rainbow Member

I kinda want to start a Diggle fan club. Because they're so cute and cool (penguins with drill beaks!). Werediggle <3

Okay, sorry, just getting my fangirlish gushing out of the way. And, seriously, I'm actually glad to see the confirmations about them constructing the dungeon and fun stuff like that.

4. Of course you find them cute; they bring out the motherliness in all of us, because they are humans.

5. Kaja Rainbow

Kaja Rainbow Member

Actually, I'm deaf, so that link's of no use to me. >.>

6. OmegaJasam

OmegaJasam Member

....Your logic is infalable, and highly amusing.

Hurrah for wild speculation :)

7. iconoplast

iconoplast Member

In short, when slowed down, the diggle sound file sounds something like a crowd saying "Whoooooo" very slowly. Number 3 in that list of files sounds like a herd of happy babies, I think.

8. I think it was said that it's supposed to be a sped-up sound of a baby crying.

9. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

...but do diggles have gender?

10. Not yet!
    *pulls out a carving knife and takes a level in Fleshsmithing*

Essence likes this.