Diggle Voices: Nightmare Fuel

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Rarefied Horse Meat, Jan 27, 2012.

1. For best reading experience, I recommend downloading these sound files first, and then playing them when instructed during the brief narrative below. Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

2. In a roomful of diggles and "small creatures", the high-pitched squeals, squeaks, and shrieks can become mighty annoying. Therefore, I decided to learn more about, and edit, the sound files.

(To hear what I heard, play "01 - diggles.wav" now.)

(Play "02 - diggles.wav" now to hear what I heard.)

(Play "03 - diggles.wav" now to hear what I heard.)
    Whoa. Trippy. Okay: now I know where the Diggle sounds come from. I don't know whether I'm creeped out or not, but I'm certainly surprised. Well then. I guess I can instead bend the pitch without changing the tempo. That's somewhat of a happy medium - a little bit creepy, but a little bit less annoying.

(Play "04 - diggles.wav".)
    If you like it more than the screeching standard Diggle sounds, you can go to:
    \Dungeons of Dredmor\sfx\diggle\
    backup your diggle sounds, and replace them with mine

While I was at it, I replaced a couple of the small critter noises with amplified sounds from Desktop Tower Defense - both to make small critter noises easier on the ears, and to better differentiate them from diggle noises. Those are included as well if you want 'em.

3. Wisse

Wisse Member

I'm sorry, but there is no 04 - diggels.wav.

4. Thanks! Fix'd.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

there is no SuicideDiggel.avi.