XML Files-Trap stats

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Anochi, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Anochi

Anochi Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering where i would find the trap stats? I'm currently working on making Rogue difficulty harder, While still remaining possible. I feel that the traps aren't balanced enough, With the acid bolt trap far outsripping the rest of the traps in terms of lethalness, I intend to remedy this.

The rest just aren't dangerous enough.

2. Anochi

Anochi Member

Another thing, I don't recall having an account for DoD on the forums, But apparently i'm logged into "Anochi" and i've had other threads. This is strange for me, Because i haven't had other threads. Anyone know whats up?

3. BenVdd

BenVdd Member

maybe it's the forums version of anonymous.. dnno

4. Bhruic

Bhruic Member

Well, the actual traps themselves are in itemDB.xml, but the trap effects are in spellDB.xml. Search for:
    <!-- ### Traps! ### -->

Quite a few of them reference other spell effects, so you'll need to search those down too, but they should all be in the same file.

Keep in mind that if you make traps more deadly, they are more deadly to monsters too, so "trap dancing" can be quite powerful.

5. Anochi

Anochi Member

Thanks, That's really helpful >:D

Now i also need to make sure that none of the spell effects from traps effect the spells that can be cast, Or there'll be trouble =/

6. Seth Bailey

Seth Bailey Member

Testing

7. Seth Bailey

Seth Bailey Member

See, THIS is meant to be my real account. What a strange bug.