Workshops walls vanishing

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Oogee, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Oogee

Oogee Member

i remember this back from ver22 (took a break for a while) and now i'm back in 40B it seems to still be happening, where the walls vanish and the floor is replaced with grass. seems to mostly happen to workshops that have modules that "hang" outside the original floorspace, kitchens, workshops, ceramics, mines, those sorts of buildings
    I have seen screenshots of people's colonies without these issues, any tips to stop this from happening?

i do run at 1920x1080 in fullscreen mode, if that has anything to do with it...i'll start a new game and post a screenshot in about 10 minutes or so in
    case you guys have no idea what i'm talking about :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. eclipsse

eclipsse Member

This seems to happen when some modules are placed on the corners of buildings - go one square in and the issue no longer occurs - hasn't in any of my games since someone told me to avoid the corners... (although that might have been to avoid the risk of the eldritch hounds of tindalos ... which don't exist. Like fishpeople. Or Obeliskians....)

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Yeah, the wall bug happens when you completely fill the wall between two corners with modules that stick through - when you do that, the building renderer gets confused and ignores the wall. The workaround is to leave at least one section of wall empty, between two corners. Fortunately, it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Seriously Mike likes this.
  4. Oogee

Oogee Member

thanks guys, seems to be working, much easier to click on the building when i don't need to click the little edge of the floor to set production :)

5. razrien

razrien Member

Ah, this happens in my kitchens a lot, I figured it was just a fiddly graphical bug that was already on a list somewhere
    Nice to know how to fix it now :D