[WIP] Teslan Bard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by banjo2E, Jun 26, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

This is a Wizard skill that's all about high-cost, high-power spells that synergize well with large amounts of :savvy:.

Level 0: Sound Test. Long, narrow cone-type spell that deals :dmg_blast: and :dmg_aphyxiative:. Before :savvy:, 15 :mana:.

Level 1: Sickening Beats. Minor debuff to just about everything onscreen. Makes them marginally weaker, marginally easier to hit, and marginally less resistant to :resist_voltaic:, :resist_blast:, :resist_aphyxiative: . Stacks 5 times. Before :savvy:, 25 :mana:.

Level 2: Stuff. I know I'm going to put *something* here, I'm not sure what yet.

Level 3: Mana Battery. Recovers some mana, based off :mana_regen:. 75 turn cooldown.

Level 4: Dovestep Infusion. Passive boost to :dodge:, :reflection:, :life:, :life_regen:, :dam_voltaic:, :resist_voltaic:.

Level 5: Ride the Lightning. Teleport to a square, everything near the destination takes a steep :magic_resist:, :resist_blast:, :resist_aphyxiative:, :resist_voltaic: debuff that doesn't stack but lasts quite a while. Before :savvy:, 50 mana.

Level 6: Bass Cannon. Think "gatling digging ray". It shoots rainbows. Scales well with :haywire:. Before :savvy:, 100 mana.

I've no idea how balanced any of this is, especially considering that every single level in the first testing build has a passive buff of some sort, mostly :savvy: because Teslan Bard. Right now I'm focusing more on making the spells and stuff work like I want them to.

2. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

First things first: What kind of format are Dredmor's sound effects?

I'm also having trouble with the graphics of Bass Cannon. I want to ideally have three cycles of the animation, or if that doesn't work out one Digging Ray pulse then two quick waves of single-square animations, but the last time I tried it out it gave me two normal pulses for some reason.

3. yamiluigi

yamiluigi Member

Well, I'm not an expert but you want to do something like the Dragon's Breath, first skill of the Promethean?

Code:
    <spell name="Dragon's Breath" type="template" templateID="30" anchored="1" icon="skills/spells/dragons_breath32.png" wand="1">
    [B]    <effect type="trigger" spell="Dragon's Breath 1" amount="0" />[/B]
    [B]    <effect type="trigger" spell="Dragon's Breath 2" amount="0" />[/B]
    [B]    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/combust_hit/combust_hit" frames="7" firstframe="2" framerate="35" sfx="flame" centerEffect="1"/>[/B]
    </spell>
    Can't you do the same thing? I mean, first at all, the spell with the first animation. Next, the first spell is followed by the second, which contains only an animation on a template, etc.?

Something like...

Code:
    <spell name="bass canon" type="template" templateID="xxx">
    Spell...
    Trigger "Bass Canon 1"
    Animation...
    </spell>

<spell name="bass canon 1" type="template" templateID="xxx">
    Trigger "Bass Canon 2"
    Animation...
    </spell>

<spell name="bass canon 2" type="template" templateID="xxx">
    Animation...
    </spell>
    I'm not sure, if I'm wrong, explain it to me, would be nice to understand my errors ;)

P.S. : Same question about the sounds.

4. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Sound appears to be the wav format. Just check out the sfx directory. They need to be in the soundfx.xml file to access them I believe. You would really need to ask Ruigi.

5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

The way spells work in this game is, if a spell triggers another spell, the triggered spell happens once on every single square the first spell targeted. At least, usually. I'm still not entirely sure how diggingbeam works, if I can cast it, perform an animation, have it trigger a subspell that targets single squares, with the animation repeating on each square, and have that spell trigger a subspell that also targets single squares and repeats the animation on each square...and have a result where the original diggingbeam animation repeats, at normal speed, once.

Code:
    <spell name="Bass Cannon 01" type="targetfloor">
        <effect type="damage" righteous="5" righteousF="0.25" secondaryScale="5"/>
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/digging_ray_hit/digging_ray_hit" frames="9" framerate="270"/>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Bass Cannon 1" type="targetfloor">
        <effect type="damage" righteous="10" righteousF="0.50" secondaryScale="5"/>
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/digging_ray_hit/digging_ray_hit" frames="9" framerate="270"/>
        <effect type="triggerfromlist">
            <option name="Bass Cannon 01"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 02"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 03"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 04"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 05"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 06"/>
        </effect>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Bass Cannon" type="diggingbeam" icon="skills/taste_the_rainbow32.png">
        <requirements mp="100" savvyBonus="0.5" mincost="20"/>
        <effect type="dig"/>
        <effect type="damage" voltaic="20" voltaicF="0.50" secondaryScale="5"/>
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/digging_ray_hit/digging_ray_hit" frames="9" framerate="90" sfx="masterspark"/>
        <effect type="triggerfromlist">
            <option name="Bass Cannon 1"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 2"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 3"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 4"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 5"/>
            <option name="Bass Cannon 6"/>
        </effect>
        <description text="Shoot a beam of high-energy Dovestepian plasma at the target. Though this spell is powered by voltaic energy, its actual effects, while always destructive, are quite variable."/>
    </spell>
    I was trying to make the animation play once at normal speed on all the squares it targeted, then twice, on single squares at a time, at high speed. Instead, I got the animation play twice at normal speed on all the squares it targeted.

what the hell

Let me rephrase: At what bitrate do I need to save my .wav files?

6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Don't know, can't you look up the bitrate of those wav files and just use that?

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am not sure this is enough to help, but Windows and VLC showed the following.

wav2.jpg
    wav.jpg

Essence likes this.