Where does Mac version look for Mods?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by r_b_bergstrom, Dec 14, 2011.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've tried creating a mods folder inside the directory where my saved games are stored (Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor). It's a no-go, mods placed there don't even show up on the mod menu. To make sure it wasn't a problem with the mod files I was trying to make, I downloaded Chiko's mod and placed it in that folder, but that didn't work either. Renaming the folder "mod" instead of "mods", moving the mods straight to the Dredmor folder, walking backwards at a crossroads while throwing salt over my shoulder, etc, didn't work either. I even used "show package contents" to hunt around inside the program and tried putting the mods folder in a couple places there. No dice. I feel like I've exhausted all the obvious options and the best wild guesses.

Could someone who has access to the code (ie: Gaslamp staff) please check where the Mac version looks for mods, and post it here? I'm wondering if it's looking in a place that doesn't exist (maybe it's using the Windows directory path, for example).

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Fixed! Not sure what changed, possibly a Steam auto-update? May have had something to do with the Steam version being "unavailable" for a little while this afternoon. May be that I hadn't exited Steam between my various attempts at moving and renaming folders, so it wasn't registering them. Could even be a difference between the HIB 1.0.7 and the current Steam version, since I was switching back and forth between them. Whatever the reason, mods are now working on 1.0.8 for Mac, Steam Version.

The correct directory for Macs is indeed Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor.

I'll go update the stickied thread.