Where are my saved games stored?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Ripplez, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Ripplez

Ripplez Member

Hello. I use Steam to play Dungeons of Dredmor. My game has crashed every now and then but after playing my game for about 6 hours or so over the course of the day, my game crashed. It said it had Autosaved. But when I loaded the game again, there was no saved game to load. The entire game had just disappeared in the span of 15 seconds or so. Does anyone know if it is saved and how I can get it back? Or if it's preventable?

It is very depressing - it was the first really good character I had that was prepared and capable of fighting everything in her path. :|

2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Do you have Steam Cloud Sync on? Unless you have a very good reason to use it, I strongly recommend turning it off, as it's the most likely suspect in save-game disappearances.

Navigate to C:\Users\########\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\ and edit the config.xml file (notepad will do fine).
    Change the "enableSteamCloud" tag value to 0, and you're all set (it should be the fourth entry).

The path above is also where you should find your save-games, if you still have them. They're in separate folders inside the \Dungeons of Dredmor\ directory, and are named "name of your character.dredmorsave".

EDIT: If there aren't any save-games there, they have most likely fallen victim to the Cloud, and as far as I know, there is no way of getting them back.

Kazeto likes this.