What ranking do you have in DoD?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Shadowplay, May 11, 2012.

1. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Except that requires at least two more skills (Blacksmithing and Alchemy, Piracy to push it truly over the edge), level six Smithing and a hidden recipe. Don't get me wrong. I thought long and hard about how I could work all that in, and even tried a build intended to give me the possibility, but in the end it just wasn't living long enough, so I cut those skills for more survival oriented options. Since NttG gives fewer bookshelves than normal, the odds of picking up the recipe didn't seem to merit the skills eaten up. Though if you can make it work I'd love to hear how you did it. I'm always open for more mini-maxing.

2. Giygas

Giygas Member

How would Blacksmithing be involved?

Yes, the recipe is hidden (a royal pain in the arse 'cause every bookshelf past the 5th floor is boring), but all you need is the stuff you need for a single Alchemy Inspiration potion and a ton of rubies/sapphires/citrines/emeralds for 500 Windows of Elements.

I had made one on my GRPD run (it wasn't NTTG though) without level 6 smithing 'cause that annoying Diggle God of Secrets is annoying as heck. I just don't see where you need any smithing at all.

I wonder if, if you needed to take smithing, if you could squeeze in some Flails of Peliades/Magma Maces (pref. the former so you don't waste rubies). They can give a heck lot of bonus stats.

3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

My bad. I thought it was a smithing recipe, 'cause all the other jewelry is. Go figure. But yeah, the odds of getting the recipe on NTTG are a fair bit lower than on normal mode, and getting 500 of them without Piracy is even less likely. I've found maybe 12 gems on my run so far, and I've cleared everything up to the first half of DL4. =/

4. Giygas

Giygas Member

Exaggeration XD
    I'll try it though... I'll do it on GRPD XD and i'll grind for a long time on Floor 1 and stuffs for all those juicy gems.

Edit: I wonder if the Runes of X can be transmuted... more gems!

5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

On the Internet? No.

Marak likes this.