What mode do you play on?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Shadowplay, Mar 22, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I've been playing GRPD seriously for the first time in the past couple of days...the balance feels so much better (monsters are always challenging, no giant piles of food go unused, etc), but damn is it mean :mad:

2. Musaab

Musaab Member

I have only ever tried GRPD and always full size levels and expansion on (ever since it came out)

3. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

I dont know - without NTTG it just seems like the game is taking forever. Dont get me wrong, I love a long game but it kinda sucks having to spend 4 hours on 3 floors only to die to a room with 3 eelies all shooting at you at once. I wouild much rather use NTTG and only have to "waste" an hour on getting killed :)

4. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

The main reason not to use NTTG is to maximize the odds of getting as many really good items/artifacts as possible. The more of these you have, the greater your ability to survive.

Also, screw eelies.

5. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Yeah true but I just dont think that the triple up in time spent is worth the extra chance of good items. May just be me who is lazy though :D

I like to pretend im just more bad ass winning on GRPD and NTTG and playing on NTTG per default ;)

6. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

What I like most about this thread is how you used mods to create a powerful melee mage.

7. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

In my opinion, you are! Without the extra room and thus chances at items, the game is FAR harder. Keeping the XP the same (or close anyway, since it doesn't count for the extra XP I get killing respawns when I run around to stores and back to my loot pile and such) is nice, but they'd need to up the item spawn rate as well to make it the same difficulty.

8. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Heh the only reason I use those mods is because of the extra room variety and the fact that I hated the idea of making mushroom farming taking forever. Im just lazy like that I guess

I never really fought in melee at all because I had no hp and I had too-good-to-use syndrom with the mushrooms anyway. I had a ton of armor which was nice but that wouldnt really help too much against crits anyway.

And I just realised the name of the character lol. I was so frustrated last playthrough with the mushroom farming (before adding mods) so I let out all the bile when naming myself. Had completely forgotten about that until now :D (and sorry mods, if you want I can take it down and edit out the name if its offending)

Edit: Also, my cloak of Sagan was cursed like 7 times in a row :( I even mixed it up on different anvils and always got decent enchantments but the cloak always got cursed. I even found a new cloak of sagan in a shop after my first one had suffered 2 curses in a row. I bought the new one and sent the old one to the museum only to have the new one cursed another 5 times. Guess Krong was punishing me for using that Internal Dungeoneering mod.