What does the encrusted "broken star" mean?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Infiltrator, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

Edit: it limits the number of encrusts you can do?

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Yeah, but what's the limit?

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The limit is how unstable something can get before you die.

4. ploki122

ploki122 Member

It's been said that every encrusts you do, there is a RNG(100) roll compared to your instability. If it's under instability, your equipment is now slightly more unstable...

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

What? So you can instantly and randomly just die from using encrusted equipment?

6. greggbot

greggbot Member

No, but instability is added with every encrust, and it adds effects such as random blinking and explosions. A lot of the time, this can make you teleport into a group of monsters, or just die from the explosions, so using over-encrusted equipment is very unsafe.

7. Bobson

Bobson Member

Is there any way to see how much instability you've accumulated?

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It will say in the description what grade it's unstable. "slightly" etc. each grade is 5%.

Unfortunately the actual chance is 100% if you are not using the hotfix right now.

9. Bobson

Bobson Member

Yeah, I noticed that. Hit, teleport, hit, teleport, hit, teleport... I'll go look for this hotfix.

10. Borodin

Borodin Member

I'm not sure how it works on items that don't get used to hit like weapons, or get hit, like armor. Amulets and rings, for example--unless, of course, the unstable effect is triggered when your body takes a "magical hit" to an amulet or ring-based resistance. I've taken that path myself, and only encrusted both rings and a torque once for level 6 alchemy, since it gives a "slightly unstable" result to each.

11. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

So the explosions from my Clockwork Gauntlets with 3 Rocket Encrusts and 2 another defensive arent the added effect of the Rocket encrusts?

I dunno if it's because my tank build, but they never gimme damage... (well, i use clockwork knight and the defensive heavy clockwork armor, so...)

12. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

Where can I get the hotfix?

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

14. Wootah

Wootah Member

Well I don't know what my encrust number has gotten to. I have never had one proc so I don't know what any of the negative side effects even exist.

15. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

16. Einhander

Einhander Member

I found over encrusting my items to dangerously to be a blessing, I managed to over encrust everything I could and the "effects" kill everything around me so I don't have to. Oddly enough I seem to resist all the negative effects and take no damage and retain my health regeneration normally.

I originally just wanted to see what would happen if I did the taboo but ended up being a murderous storm that even Dred and Digula fear.

Try making:
    Clockwork Knight
    Beserker
    Duel wielding
    Smith
    Tinkerer
    Axes
    Communist

I use that skill set along with boilerplate armor +clockwork gear with chain axes all dangerously encrusted.
    My result was epic amounts of slow turns and unstoppable killing :D