What colour is a diggle?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, Apr 11, 2012.

?

What colour is a diggle?

1. Yellow

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Mustard

34 vote(s)
    46.6%
  3. Light Greenish Yellow

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Purple

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Orange

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Beige

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Tan

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Mauve

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Taupe

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

2. Karock

Karock Member

This is my concept too. The tail can't be like a bunny tail or a really furry dog tail.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

Same here.:p

4. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Must...resist...urge...to make...Python joke...in non-surrealist context...

5. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

I think you should give them a little cotton tail like a bunny.

6. Frelus

Frelus Member

I would say invisible....

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

If they were invisible then :trap_sense: wouldn't really help to see them now would it? More like Stealth Color!

8. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

:trap_sense: is really more of a "there's something fishy about that floor tile" sense, and doesn't actually have anything to do with eyesight.

9. jadkni

jadkni Member

Delicious mustard-smothered diggledogs. With relish. Mmmmmmm.

Glazed likes this.
  10. Glazed

Glazed Member

Ths needs to be an item! "Diggledog with Mustard"

Marak and FaxCelestis like this.
  11. Glazed

Glazed Member

Not to be confused with "Diggledong".

>.>
    <.<

12. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

1. A small one, I guess.
    2. Round.

I think Diggles, really, are that Mustard/Yellow you generally see them in. Sure, there's colouration, but I think it's like hair colour for people - the majority of people have brown hair, but there are blondes, reds (<3), greys, whites and so on.

14. Verbatim9

Verbatim9 Member

My feeling is that the iconic diggle is more of a bright, somewhat yellowish green than a light greenish yellow.

Unfortunately, this color doesn't seem to have made it into the game yet.

The poll choices seem to reflect the problem with diggles: yellow, beige, tan, taupe, mustard... the iconic color of a diggle is boring. (Like the nose?)

That said, I like diggles lore-wise and shape-wise (no tuft, small rabbit tail), but color-wise, I only like the ones that aren't in the "iconic diggle" spectrum: the purple diggle is my favorite diggle that's in the poll, but I'd never call it the iconic diggle.

However, I feel like a bright green diggle would both look good and be close enough to the iconic spectrum to act as the "normal" diggle.

My second choice would be a French's Mustard yellow, I guess, it's in the iconic spectrum, and if a bit boring, at least it's not drab.

That said, if you're making Merch, I think allowing us to taste the rainbow a bit would help sales greatly...you could even offer a discount "rainbow pack" with red, yellow, green, blue, and purple diggles to boost sales further.