Well, that was an anticlimax.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Bonabopn, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Member

So, a few weeks ago i started an idea for a build i had. A beserker who wants to be a rogue. Skills were Axes/Dual Wield/Beserk/Dodging/Burglary/Perception/Assassination. Worked pretty well for the most part. Was quite fun, but then again i was on Easy mode.

Got to floor 14, and i didn't want the game to end! So i decided to try out diggle hell. Last time i tried it on a different save, it wasn't that hard, so i had a good idea of what to expect. I had 92 dodge, and 85 crit. Diggle hell went well - apart from a few close shaves with demonic muscle diggles.

I pretty much cleared the place out and hit level 30 while i was there. I'd done about 7 rooms, most of which were pretty big, so i figured this next door must be the last room. Waited for my health to regen, used beserk+poison buffs, opened the door...

Bam. Count Digula critted me in the face the instant i opened the door. No fair! :c

2. "I am... Dracula. I bid you SUCKERPUNCH!" *wham!*

3. Wootah

Wootah Member

Crit for how much? Screenshots if you have them, next time if you don't, we want um!

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Member

I dunno, but i had like 150 or so health and was near full.

5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Vlad Digula is arguably tougher than Lord Dredmor.

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

On Elves Just Want to Have Fun, this is pretty much a given. Part of what makes Tougher Lord Dredmor even compare to Vlad Digula is the sheer amount of extra tank he gets from being on floor 15, where each mob is like a miniboss in itself and they spawn in large numbers with absurd amounts of block and magic resist. Block and magic resist are hugely important stats for monsters and wall the player quite well (esp. when they are using things like Recursive Curse or Clockwork Sawblades that rely on DoTs). Vlad Digula gets a lot of it base, but not much at all from the difficulty level because diggle hell is considered "floor 0". Dredmor gets lots plus 15 levels worth of Going Rogue scaled buffs. Elves Just Want to Have Fun would eat into that added tank a lot.

7. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Elves just want to have EVIL TAKE OVER. Play Dwarven Moderation next time. Never play Evilishly Easy again.