Wazhack.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

waz your name over there? (lol) I'll add you as a friend and we can play a multiplayer game tomorrow

EDIT: Also, Waz was looking at my file, where I have horded everything (strange lack of shops this game), and after seeing that I use boots of levitation to help me get around (allows you to move at a reasonable pace at weight 4 and allows you to move, very slowly, at weight 5), he was like "you're not a white witch, your a BLIMP!" I loled so hard.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

My name in the server is OmniNegro. Please feel free to add me. :) But be warned we will need to modify our play style. I will not be able to play a White Witch since the main form of attack for a WW is Lightning. It would fry you as it always does my Cat.

I could play a Ranger and spam arrows. That should be relatively safe to play with. But then I could be entirely misunderstanding how multiplayer works in this.

*Edit* I added you in my Guild friends list. Who else wants in? And are we going to co-op or compete?

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Just in case anyone wonders what the details provided are... Check these out.

Co-Op.jpg
    Competitive.jpg

Your call. I can play a White Witch and stay away from you to avoid killing you. That has the advantage of massive light strength for things like Lightning and Identify and such. The downside is that until you get electrical resistance you will be in great danger if I cast Lightning near you.

I have tried not casting in situations where my pet will be struck. But invariably, I fry the poor kitty. So I doubt you would be safe near me. We could however play with the idea of making defensible places that we return to when in danger. Where the other will take over and attempt to slay whatever monsters are following. In reality, only one of us needs Identify and Remove curse to make this work. But one of us should focus on melee and the other magic. I can play both relatively well. Your call how to proceed.

4. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

You don't have to worry about killing me. We can't interact with each other except to trade. We are in two different dungeons, but we can see each other's "ghost," for a random racing game term I think most people understand. So we are each playing the (almost) exactly same dungeon (except items with are totally different), but we can help each other via scouting and item trading.

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Then I will continue playing my White Witches. I started a co-op game and have managed to get absorb curse. So if you need something decursed and have not equipped it, I can fix that problem for a mere 20 of my health each item.

6. Frelus

Frelus Member

Just tried the demo. Definitly buying that game.

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You will like it. Especially if you have experience with Nethack or any variant thereof.

I still have no idea how much of Nethack spoilers actually applies, but many things seem directly taken from Nethack in the way they work. I have yet to find the way to inscribe or mark anything though. (Besides quills and ink, or presumably Magic Markers if they exist in this game.

Let me offer some advice I should have followed earlier today. When you manage to find that an item gives telepathy when you equip it, but you have something more useful, put it on anyway every once in a while. *ESPECIALLY* before approaching chests and loot that looks good. (I died to a Mimic of a Chest. I was wearing Boots of Speed, but he ran faster still.)

8. Frelus

Frelus Member

Hmm, found 2 lamps like 400 feet in. 1 was magic, letting me wish for the identify book. Too hard to read, but.some levels later it worked. 42% chance, after lvlup and light magic raise 100%. 1 question thoigh: Why can mobs attack me while I'm invisible?

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Can you see yourself? Are you wearing something that shows? Do you see a weapon oddly visible moving itself around next to you? :)

10. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Hey I made a mistake earilier. The IRC isn't quakenet, it's Global Gamers...sorrry bout that...

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Ah! That explains why I could not find anyone in the channel. Thanks for the clarification. :)

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Damn. I found my very first artifact... Excalibur. Sadly I was playing a puny Wizard at the time.

Two things I learned by this run:
    1. Your pet levels and gains attributes as well as turning into a better version of itself. In this case, it was a Kitten turning into a Cat.
    2. If you care for keeping your pet alive, Force Bolt is the way to go as a caster. Wizards do not start with a Spellbook, so it is pure chance what you get.

Force Bolt decimates doors and chests. It shatters potions. It does heavy damage from the start. It does not ricochet and it is really cheap. It is however a Dark spell. This means it is the exact opposite of all the Light skill spells like Identify and Lightning.

I was purely lucky when I got Excalibur. Lucky in that I chose a Neutral character. (I am not certain I would have gotten zapped if I were Chaotic or Evil like in Nethack, but they stick pretty close to the original mechanics.)

It was one of two uncursed Longswords I found. I just equipped one and found out then what it was. Sadly, I never once hit anything with it. The few times I tried, I got the warning that I lacked experience with Swords to use it properly. I have no idea if this meant I would do less damage or the benefits it provided would be weaker, or if it meant I simply could not use it.

13. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I found a legendary bow on a melee person (can't remember it's name, and short a whole 1 arrow out of it...it said the same sort of thing about not being able to use it. And then the queen bee ate me alive.

Been playing melee for a while now and while the first couple floors are easier, the further you get, it starts getting SILLY hard...packs generally aren't too much of an issue, but if you run into something that is more melee than you (dwarf lord, ogre of any sort, gargoyle), you are gana get ROCKED...Every death I had was vs. a melee unit that just out meleed me, two of them were flying, which seems to make it MUCH harder for you to land hits or something...

Anyway, you should totally come play multiplayer with me. JUST started one, as in right now...I'll chill a bit to see if you're around.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

On my way! :)

15. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

We need a voice chat program. I have a mumble server we can use if you don't have any better ideas.

16. Frelus

Frelus Member

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!
    I already knew the wand was one of make invisble because of me having dweomery.
    I use it, unequip my staff, and guess what? "You cannot unequip wand of invisibility. It is cursed"
    FML.
    The ogre and orc next to me laughed, I think...

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Last night I played a game with DragonDai for four hours. Co-Op is awesome! And by the way, looking at the scoreboard it seems we were the first co-op players ever. That is weird.

Waz was super helpful in the IRC channel. But Mumble was required to play in any meaningful way. DragonDai played a Knight. I played a White Witch. Today we will do it again. The only difference will be that I will play a Sorcerer. (We spoke of it a bit, and despite the problems, a Sorcerer is the way to go because Spellbooks are common enough and having a bunch of potions identified will be greatly beneficial.) Besides, it may help quite a lot to not kill my pet instantly with Lightning.

18. Frelus

Frelus Member

That lighting killing pet thing unnerves me, too.
    Also, is coop only 2 people, or can more play? If there can be more, I would love to join in :D
    Btw: Just added you to friends ingame
    Also, Omni, I seemingly did not add you. It says you have no account. I play the Desura version, could this have something to do with it?
    Edit: Now it says you do in the web version.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think we both have to be online at the same time. The multiplayer is not too refined. As I post this it is just before 11AM here. We are going to play again at around 3PM by my time. You are welcome to join.

DragonDai will likely be a Knight, and I will be a Sorcerer. What would you like to play?

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member