Vote For Some Local Bands

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Nicholas, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

CBC Radio, the beacon of Canadian broadcasting, has a competition on right now to vote for three Canadian bands from the West Coast of Canada to journey across this great, frozen nation of ours on a train (kind of like an igloo but moving and full of steam) to Toronto in a musical journey that involves... a train, I guess. I have no idea why they're doing this. Oddly enough, The Tom Glenne 5.5, a friend's band (that I occasionally play keyboards in), and the Creaking Planks, another friend's band (that I do not play keyboards in) have been nominated. I have no idea *why* we were nominated; I don't think we even registered for anything.

Anyhow:

http://cbc.polldaddy.com/s/tracks-on-tracks

is where to go. Please vote for the Creaking Planks, The Tom Glenne 5.5, and one other band of your choice. Thank you for participating in Canadian Broadcasting!

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Done my duty sir, but if they choose the one you play with are they going to forcefully bring you into a train across our vast land?

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've voted. Good thing they don't know I'm from south of the border :cool:.

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Woooh baby! Internet democracy in action! Do you live hundreds of miles from any of these cities? Yes? OK, your vote = recorded.

5. Quarky

Quarky Member

Using your fame to unfairly help bands you're affiliated with?
    I'm all for it, voted.

6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Noone has ever claimed that democracy is pretty.