Vlad Digula's stats-- good lord

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by SkyMuffin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

[​IMG]

looks like if you want to kill him, you should go for :dmg_righteous::dmg_acidic::dmg_putrefying::dmg_aethereal:, or anything that hits over 30 with :dmg_piercing::dmg_blast::dmg_crushing::dmg_slashing:. But then, he also has scary :dodge::block:.

compare this to Dredmor:
    [​IMG]

Dredmor, however, has much higher chances to cast scary stuff on you than Vlad Digula.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Vlad Digula is essentially the hard mode of the hard mode ;)

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, the fact that he is a miniboss (most of which are pretty challenging for the level they are on) of Diggle Hell should've tipped people on that particular thing some time ago.

4. Gaidren

Gaidren Member

The first rule of Vlad Digula is you do not melee him unless you are counter/dodge capped.

The second rule of Vlad Digula is YOU DO NOT MELEE HIM UNLESS YOU ARE DODGE/COUNTER CAPPED.

This dude crit one-shot me through a block, with Fiscal Hedge active (on GR).

5. Giygas

Giygas Member

How to Beat Vlad Digula:

1: Silence him.
    2: Pelt him with bolts.
    3: For the love of god, DON'T GET HIT IN MELEE!!!

6. Also his spell list includes Mass Destruction.

...and one of my friends killed him twice I DON'T KNOW HOWWWWWW (oh wait yes I do it was by breaking the encrust system until they were immune to damage)

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Is he susceptible to Killer Vegan animal charm? (The activatable ability.) Or is he considered undead? Silencing him would be a top priority at a distance. Then stay the hell out of melee range and pelt him with everything you can find. If you do not have enough spammable items and a reliable teleport, just run like hell.

:dmg_righteous: is clearly his weakness, but it would be really hard to find enough damage doing that to whittle down nearly 1400 :life:.

8. Hot-D

Hot-D Member

How I beat Digula: LOTS OF [​IMG]. Gog's Tactical Pyre is truly a must have. You can summon some Wyrmlings too so Vlad has to stay on the same spot.
    I beat him on Dwarven Moderation though. I also got lucky, somehow. He only needed to cast that electricity spell twice in a row to ruin my day but I guess it's like this for everyone.
    I could have silenced him thanks to License to Cast but I forgot I had that spell since level 3...

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

10-15 Holy Hand grenades could do it! they are pretty common late game.

10. His taxa is "Diggle Prince", so no.

I'm pretty sure you need more. Like 30-40 of them.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

Looking at those stats, he has zero :resist_piercing:, so that would seem to be the easiest weakness to exploit, given that :dmg_piercing: is much easier to come by than :dmg_righteous: .

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Just kill him with The Sword In The Stone.

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually The Sword in the Stone does mostly :dmg_crushing: with a dab of :dmg_righteous: . Maze1125 is right. I entirely overlooked the fact that he has zero :resist_piercing:. That would make the heavy-hitter crossbows slaughter him with ease. A mere several hundred shots with a good one would do him in. :D

14. Giygas

Giygas Member

^^^Hundred?

Clockwork rail launcher with 2x gaudy baubling. That's, like, 50 damage right there. Add a bunch of non-weapon piercing damage equipment (stiletto boots, diggle ring of digglish torment) and he'll be going down alarmingly quickly, given his health.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

CRL is 24 :dmg_piercing:. That is four shots per hundred off his health. So 4 * 14 = 56. So even with shitty 0 damage bolts it would never reach a hundred. But he is still massively potent, and unless silenced, he will wipe the deck with you via TFB. And if he gets to melee....

16. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

You make it sound like I need more than a dab to crack that weakness wide open. Actually, I think Eye of Ra would be a solid option too. You only need one point of the right damage to get the +10 bonus. The real worry would be overcoming his absurd dodge. Magic, particularly something in the flavor of acid, transmutation or existentialism would be a solid choice. So, maybe a real reason to take Emomancy?

17. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Like I said, I'm huntin' him dowwwwwwwn . . . . . c'mere, Prince! :dmg_piercing::dmg_righteous:

EDIT: He was a tough nut, as tough or tougher than Big D. Seemed particularly vulnerable to :dmg_blast:, as well as :dmg_piercing:, of course. In the end, his toes curled up like every other Diggle's . . .

EDIT PART DEUX: . . . err, they have toes, right . . ?

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. impishacid

impishacid Member

Clockwork Drill Bombs. 'Nuff said.
    (Also - for me, by far the biggest threat was actually his Thor's Fulminaric Bolt. getting hit by a surprise 70 voltaic damage was quite Fun.)

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

It does 10:dmg_righteous: on the initial target, then 10:dmg_righteous: for each "flash". Since Vlad Digula has -10:resist_righteous:, each hit (that successfully went through) would do 20:dmg_righteous:. But he would probably block or resist a ton of the hits...so maybe each throw would do 60 damage. That's 3 hits out of 8 or 9 going through.

1400/60 is about 23 haha

1400/40 is 35

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. Noxor

Noxor Member

Got it on GRPD - and again - the clockwork drill bombs (10x) made the job.
    There is a very nice tinkerer encrust for the crossbow which gives +5:resist_righteous: and +5:dmg_aethereal: damage.
    Crossbow stat was +42:dmg_piercing: and +5:resist_righteous:. It was easy with preparation - not even one melee attack needed.

impishacid and OmniNegro like this.