Vicars, who gives a butts

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Streaky Haddock, May 29, 2015.

1. Whenever I've assigned a Vicar, they go to their chapel and preach with gusto and enthusiasm, sometimes even before the altar is even built!

Then the only time people come into the chapel is to sleep on the floor. Do Vicars even really do anything right now? It seems they're frequently ignored. Even by th spiritually inclined.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

From my observations they do, but only if there is nothing else the colonist could be doing nearby (the Seek Confession job).

This seemed to happen less frequently about the same time people stopped sitting in chairs to eat. Prior to that, colonist cult tendencies could be filtered somewhat by putting chairs only in the chapel, thus ensuring a steady stream of settlers for spiritual scouring around mealtimes.

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Vicars do in fact fulfill their intended duties, just a bit unpredictably. I've observed colonists gathering around a preaching vicar, and those guys come away with happy memories that keep them sane that little bit longer.

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Unless, of course, the vicar is a cultist.

5. Geokinesis

Geokinesis Member

I've had people stop to listen. However they also stopped to listen from outside the walls.

What do people assigned to the vicar's work crew do?

6. FIbinachi

FIbinachi Member

Help pray, if they're "Spiritually Inclined", boosting the amount of people who can recieve helpful spiritual nourishment.

Get really angry if they're not trained in the esoteric religious arts ("Was handed a holy book and told to make the best of it!"), causing... anger

7. razrien

razrien Member

Do you really need more than one person in the Vicars group, or does he just work solo like the expedition people?
    I've been putting someone with mine just in case they'd turn into a disciple or something, to help the Vicar spread the gospel of whatever.

8. Wolg

Wolg Member

Check their memories -- there may be a downside to putting those without spiritual inclination or seminary training in a vicar's congregation. (The overseer/vicar themselves definitely needs seminary training, or...)