Vendor Aggro: Watch Your Pets! (bug?)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by NefariousKoel, Jul 16, 2011.

1. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

I had entered a vendor room, was standing next to him, when an unnoticed Gooey mob hit me. I had Radiant Aura buff on, but I don't think that does an AOE when hit does it?

Anyway.. my wyrmling pet is behind me.. and the vendor started attacking it right after I got hit by the Gooey.

AFAIK, once you get vendor aggro, you get attacked by an unending swarm of demonic mobs (correct?) so you may as well start a fresh game, if you're using permadeath like me. :-(

With some of the bugs like this, save files being deleted upon load coupled with that, I'm starting to think that non-permadeath is the way to go until they fix these issues. I love playing with permadeath on but the bugs are making it frustrating when I'm doing good but have to restart fresh anyway.

2. Greg72

Greg72 Member

it does aoe, says in the description as well afaik. it hits the 8 tiles around you when it retaliates vs an attack

3. mwoody

mwoody Member

Yes, I've died to this before. Your pet had nothing to do with it; it's just the AoE retaliation from the aura.

4. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

OK, thanks guys.

The buff read (paraphrasing) '..retaliate with a flash of light that stuns..' so I started thinking this was the cause. Sneaky Goos!