Towns

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Nettle Soup, May 7, 2014.

1. Nettle Soup

Nettle Soup Member

Towns - A Good and Bad News

Well, that didn't go down well. Seems they're abandoning it now that sales are waning. Fair enough I suppose, it never did live up to it's original potential and the graphics were placeholder at best. A lot of games have come out since 2011 that superceed it too.

On a lighter note, I have seen somebody on their forums recommend Clockwork Empires!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It seems like a shitty deal all round. I mean the guy's apology seemed totally bizarre - this stuff happens, after all - but it's been documented that sales can enter strange patterns (I think the term used by Lars Doucet is something like a Stegosaur Tail), and you have to push for sales. I haven't seen Towns push for sales since it got on Steam (it had a few deals, but that was about it), so no wonder sales dropped. They needed to get into some more bundles too, which can increase revenue and sales.

But what you don't do is go "oh we're abandoning it because money but we might do towns 2 lol"

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Nettle Soup

Nettle Soup Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I think they just got a few points in their "PR Disaster" skill.

OmniaNigrum and Nettle Soup like this.
  5. Billick

Billick Member

It's too bad really. The game had a lot of potential, and is actually pretty fun if you could work around the bugs. I get the strong impression that the code base was a huge mess, making it extremely difficult to make any significant changes. Xavi also seemed to be intent on piling on features that nobody asked for while ignoring the actual problems with the game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.