Timesplitters HD

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alistaire, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Anyone with memories to these games (Timesplitters 1, 2 and Future Perfect) should already have signed the petition. So go!

The petition

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I never heard of the game. But upon checking the petition, it is obvious it was a console only game. Any idea if there will be a PC version if this thing is made?

And what can you tell us PC junkies about the game? I am about to go search Youtube for some video of it.

*Edit* I watched a bunch of Youtube stuff and signed the petition. Looks good, I just hope it is not a console only game if remade.

3. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Timesplitters is sort of a spiritual successor to Goldeneye and the like, and were generally considered the best console FPSes of its their time. Super fun, super arcadey action.
    That said, I kind of wonder how they'd hold up in modern times. The FPS genre has moved on to new places.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It was, and still is, pretty notable (in my view) for having a fair selection of characters (at least in #2), including a number of women IIRC.

Funny how we've gone backwards a bit.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

In general I think what people expect out of an FPS has changed. The whole "tons of characters" thing and super fast twitch play has taken a backseat to leveling up, killstreaks, and classes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Tho, Timesplitters is in my opinion the best game from that era of FPS games.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yeah, I guess.

Fuck CoD, Unreal Tournament is THE best FPS game ever.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am with Althea on that. UT and even UT 2004 were the best of the best by far. UT 2004 had vehicles and made damned good use of them. Vehicular CTF was fun. Lots of fun.