Timeline for 1.07?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by jzworkman, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Loren

Loren Member

I was looking for a better way to throw more money at you/orphans for a while now. The humble bundle makes it a lot easier than making a bunch of new steam/desura accounts.

2. satoru

satoru Member

Hmmm since the 1.07 beta thread was unstickied, does this mean that there's going to be a merge of 1.07 with 1.08? I thought 1.08 was the 'expansion' tree?

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

1.0.8 is the expansion tree, yes. However: 1.0.8 includes a bunch of changes to the common tree as well. We have done a spectacularily bad job of advertising this, and it will no doubt require a corrective blog post when I don't feel like I'm going to die. (David, incidentally, is bleeding out of his fingers next to me.)

So:

1.0.7: was the female hero, mod support, and some bugfixes.
    1.0.8: includes a bunch of new stuff in the core game:

- scriptable room support, but no actual scripted rooms
    - a new crafting UI which we basically stole from Terraria
    - another fistful of new content; all skill trees now have a minimum of five skills in them
    - wandcrafting

as well as the support code for the expansion.

What is in the expansion, behind the bit that you have to pay for, is *at minimum* the following:

- six new skill trees (Werediggle, Emomancy, Piracy, Demonologist, Killer Vegan, Big Game Hunter)
    - somewhere between one hundred and two hundred new items that are not included in the main game
    - a bunch of new scripted rooms
    - five new levels at the bottom of the dungeon
    - the challenging "mysterious portal" mode
    - somewhere between twelve and twenty new monster types, depending on animator speed
    - new religious features
    - Secret Things we're not talking about yet

We're just going to see how much stuff we can cram in here. :)

Hope that clears things up.

Exile and Marak like this.
  4. satoru

satoru Member

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the clarification.

Stay healthy there's some weird bug going around that's making everyone I know bedridden!

5. Sev501

Sev501 Member

Thanks for the heads up, was wondering where the ver .7 is hehe, although I have the one from humble bundle would it broke if I installed over steams? Or it would just get re-verified? Thanks

6. blob

blob Member

Wow quite a lot of stuff for the expansion !
    Sounds great. Hmmm I wanna beat the game with an Emo vegan mathemagician...

7. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

Wait, so if we master the Emomancy tree, does that mean killing self results in victory?

ChocolateWaffle and brobbeh like this.