The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I disagree with your points. Horse Armour was one of the first releases when DLC came into existence, i.e. when the Xbox 360 came. Yes, the PC had had it in some form (usually free downloads or mods, really), but the 360 was a game-changer in that regard. Few, if any, publishers knew what you could do with DLC, what the consumers would like and what they'd be resistant to. Horse Armour was a test, it was Bethesda finding their feet. If you've noticed, Bethesda quickly went from the controversial Horse Armour to producing some of the best value DLC packs on the market. Heck, I remember reading an interview earlier this year with a Bethesda guy and he said Horse Armour is still selling.

It's not like THQ's approach, which is happening in a well-established market.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sorry, but what points do you disagree with? I think you just said what I said in different words. Clearly one of us is not understanding the prospective of the other. (I am quite open to it being me missing your points.)

For the record, I like most of the DLC offered by Bethesda. Horse armor is the obvious exception to that. I am however resistant to the very idea of DLC that is not actually an expansion. I do not play Team Fortress, but even if I did, I could not care less for ten thousand stupid hats with no purpose besides ego inflation.

I find it suspect that Horse armor is still selling. I wonder if they mean the bundles that just so happen to include it? I cannot imagine people going out of the way to pay money for that junk. There are free mods available that set your horse as essential, and thus unkillable. (They can be killed but they get up again several seconds later.)

All this said, perhaps we should make a DLC discussion thread? I doubt many if anyone minds us discussing this, but it costs nothing to make a thread.
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/dlc-discussion.5565/

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I have early-morning reading difficulties. My fault there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No worries Althea, I will give you a generic Kazeto point...
    "Get some sleep." :D :p

mining and Kazeto like this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Well, considering I have to set off for work in an hour, that's not really going to help me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

would anyone like Eschalon Book I?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

Dawn of war gold added to the humble bundle.

i was gonna rage but saw it was just DoW 1 (one) and not the cooler and more expensive DoW 2.

anypony want to coop for OMD2? now thats a game i didnt mind paying real $$$$$ for =)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Loren

Loren Member

Dawn of War 1 co-op LAN has been some of my most fun multiplayer experiences. DoW2 made me sad, unless they changed things radically.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Got Dawn of War 1 going spare, if anyone wants it. Don't want anything in return.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am going to give DoW1 a try and see why everyone seems to love the series. But I still have a free key for Titan Quest if anyone wants it.

mining likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yuck. No 1920 x 1080 mode. DoW1 has some problems.

mining likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

DoW1 is ancient, but yeah, it's probably best played Windowed.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Kazeto likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just bought that one. Since I also bought the Humble THQ bundle, I now have extra keys for two one of those games. Ask if you want them it.

The spare key I have is for Metro 2033. I still have an unused key for Titan Quest too.

Anyone want them, just ask here or PM me and I will give them right away. No questions asked.

I will amend this post as the keys are claimed.

*Edit* Red Faction Armageddon key has been given away.

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh, I happen to still have a spare copy of DoD Complete with all expansions. Anyone need/want it? Also is there any way to recover a copy gifted to someone who never redeemed it? I sent a copy to my brother and he never even read the e-mail. This was through Steam and their sale a while back.

Steam removes a game from your giftable inventory once sent, but that is the case forever as far as I can tell. Even if the address it was sent to is not valid.

*Edit* Yeah! Triple Posting for no reason!

17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

As far as I know, that involves finding your brother and extorting his password from him so that you'd be able to gift the game back to yourself.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is the thing, he has never had a Steam account. (I figured he would make one when I gave him a game, but something about the subject of the e-mail told him that it was Spam or a Scam from Steam. Or more likely a Scam from someone pretending to be Steam.)

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

But you can resend gift e-mails, I believe.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I had not even considered that. Thanks Althea. :D