The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Hi, I have a friend that lost his Steam Account because he forgot his password to Steam and he had also forgotten his password to the email address he was using so couldn't reset the password. He could use another copy of DoD if you want to send it to him. His account is dewalljeffery. He doesn't have an internet connection, he has to go to the library when he wants to get online so it could take days for him to respond to any friend requests or such.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Fine by me. But the way Steam works about friend requests is stupid. Both parties have to be online at the same time. I rarely have Steam open at all. But if you could arrange a time for me to be online for a few days that he likely will be able to accept the friend request, I will gladly do it right away.

(Perhaps Steam finally fixed this and I am talking nonsense. I hope so. I am starting Steam up anyway. I will have the friend request sent once I find him.)

*Edit* Invitation sent. Once he accepts, I will sent the DoD Collection. I know it is the right person because you are his friend.

3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I friended his new account and it was days later before he accepted my request so it seems that they have fixed this. I will let him know he will be receiving a friend request from you and to accept it. Thanks a lot. :)

He is at the library now it seems so he may be able to get your request today. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It hasn't worked like that for a long while.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I hold grudges against Steam for a *VERY* long time. :D

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I do too, but I still use it. Out of habit and necessity, though, not love for Gaben.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

It looks like he was on at the library around half an hour ago but I haven't gotten any messages from him so he may not have gotten my message or noticed your friend request yet. Most likely, I will talk to him later tonight and see whats up. He doesn't have a cell phone so I have to wait until he calls me or I get him at home later.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No worries. I have unusual hours like Kazeto. (Meaning I rarely get consistent good sleep.)

I will start Steam every day until I get the game to him. It just sits in memory while I do whatever the rest of the time. So no problem there.

TheJadedMieu and Kazeto like this.
  9. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Thanks,

He did say that he was going to the library again tomorrow most likely between 3pm and 5pm Eastern US. He will be looking for it now the only problem would be if the library network has a fit again and wont let him on for some reason. It happens every now and again.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Only one out of that I want is Puzzle Bots, really. No point me going for it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

LionsDen, I seem to have made a minor mistake. I thought it was the complete pack with everything. But it is a "Different" "Complete" package... See the image below. I already sent it to him, and I will gladly pay the petty $3 to buy him CoW if he likes the game at all.

I regret not noticing this must have been from the sale before last. Hell, this could be the copy I tried to gift to my brother. (And that would be saying a lot in favor of Steam if that is the case.)

If you are not sure he will like the game, I suggest letting him try it first. If he likes it at all, or just wants to start fresh with all the extras for mods and such, then let me know and I will buy and send a copy of CoW at once.
    My Mistake.jpg

13. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I know that he does like DoD because he had it with his previous account. I also know that money is hard to come by and we can wait until the next sale to get him CoTW. Thanks for what you did. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No. I will get him the rest. It is a trivial amount. I consider it well worthwhile to get another person so much joy as this game is.

*Edit* Done. Now we get to see if Steam will actually send him YHTNTEP automatically or not. But I have the URL ready and sent a message to his profile with it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/98821/

LionsDen likes this.
  15. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Thanks, I know that he will enjoy it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Anyone here have the GoG version of Arcanum? I have a problem I cannot seem to fix. Everything blurs far beyond readable anytime the mouse moves. I tried a clean install, and also one with the Unofficial patch, then on with that and the High Resolution patch. Nothing including the -no3d command line seems to help.

17. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've had that problem with other older games, so I'm interested in the solution myself.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Aegho

Aegho Member

Could be operating system? Try going into properties for the game and disable aero and stuff?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No effect for myself. (I actually never use Aero anyway.) But I tried the various "Compatibility" modes too.

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Fixed! It was AMD to blame all along. I remembered the advice I was given by GoG about that issue with FTL where the stars would not show for me. I made an application profile in the Catalyst Control Panel for my video card and started flipping things back and forth. I eventually found what was to blame.

Morphological Filtering. Why that would ever get turned on for a game that does not even use GPU rendering is beyond me. But that was the fix.
    AMD Why Do You Do This.jpg

Uncheck that checkbox next to it and save the profile and it will work from then on without a problem. I can finally read the text and not wonder if all those wand polishing jokes were not really jokes. :D

I hope this works for the rest of you. I should point out that I tried every other setting too. Nothing else changed this. I have everything as it was before I installed the game and only unchecked that Morphological filtering junk.

LionsDen, Haldurson and Kazeto like this.