The New Modding Request Thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Null, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And you do realize that doing it would require them to rewrite the whole function and spend time to put fail-safes into it that require even more time, just for the sake of "convenience", right?
    Because if you don't, then I am informing you now, and if you already did, then I am informing you that you will likely have to wait quite a bit to even have a chance for that as there are many things of higher priority (with them being busy with Odin, they are really unlikely to make changes that don't bring functionality).

Null likes this.
  2. kitmehsu

kitmehsu Member

Something I've been wishing for is to get a thing similar to a switch construct, so you could do like say this
    Code:
    <effect type="triggerswitchfromlist">
    <option value="spell A" requires="buff A"/>
    <option value="spell B" requires="buff B"/>
    <option value="spell C" default="1"/>
    </effect>
    Where it would trigger spell A if you had Buff A, Spell B if you had Buff B, or if you had none of the required buffs under it, Spell C. I do understand that it is already possible to do it currently, but it also requires a massive number of nested spells to get to this point.

3. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

<effect type="transformintomonster" amount="10" /> where amount is the amount of turns for the transformation to last mite b cool.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Polymorphing already exists in the game. I don't want to suppress suggestions but honestly I can't put up there what is already in the game unless it removes a large hack (large unfortunately being subjective).

Unless you mean something different with transformintomonster (I would assume besdies just polymorphing would let you control it). If that is the case then I can tell you it isn't going to happen but I guess I'd have to put it up.

5. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

No I meant it as, aim at Diggle = turn into Diggle. Aim at blobby = turn into blobby. Aim at deth = turn into deth etc. etc. You could basically turn into any monster in the game and perhaps gain their abilities. Turning into batty could let you fly, fire monsters would grant fire resistance and so on.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's possible to do already. Takes a lot of code, but it is possible.

7. Frelus

Frelus Member

Turning into Dredmor would make him explode with :dmg_existential:...

Look into the code of the Archmage mod (I think it was in Essence's Compleat Mods), the first skill has something about different effects depending on where you aim.

8. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Its not about "aiming". I used that term as a synonym for target. The only thing that matters is the monster you use it on. Im looking for complete transformation with all the monster stats, abilities and colours. Obviously would probably be disabled for named monsters like Dredmor and minibosses.

Do you mean by using taxa and creating a polymorph trigger for every monster in the game? Im not sure whether taxa works on monster names like Toxiblobby etc. or just the Other tag that the blobby has. If it does then I guess I could do it, but if it doesnt all I could do was make it trigger random polymorphs since there are many animals, vegetables, demons and others that share the same taxa.

9. I would like to add my support for the switch control structure (mentioned in the compilation on the first page) that triggers based on buffs and has a default if there's no relevant buffs. I've had to hack one together three times in my current mod and that's added twenty three fairly superfluous spells.

I'd also like (but it's less necessary) the ability to have a spellmine using glints to have multiple types of glints in the same spellmine without overloading the glint renderer* (so like, rainbow sparkles, or poison acid that both burns and and displays acid.)

*This appears to be what happens if I stack spellmines with glints on top of each other; it stops rending the vast majority of the glints because there' a LOT.

10. Oh also would it be possible to include a way to trigger the vegan-style monsters of a certain taxon aren't hostile to you with a buff or spell effect? Like <effect type="monsterspeaceful" taxa="animal" amount="10"> to make all animals peaceful for ten turns.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It does work. The only things you would have to work around are things like a simple "Diggle" but you can make that work too.

12. Rhadamante

Rhadamante Member

Excuse my ignorance if it's already possible, but I'd like to be able to give a specific monster, specific taunts. Ones that he'd be the only one to say, and that he'd say more frequently than generic ones (why not even add a % chance).

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can't do it normally. Instead, you can give them a dummy buff that will proc, randomly, one of a few spells that would do nothing more than showing a piece of text made into a sprite.

14. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'm looking for a way to be able to output multiple different kinds of items from a single craft.
    Ex: Ingot Press on Ilmentite(ore) gives 1 Iron Ingot and 1 Titanium Ingot. Or maybe a bolt recipe that gives 2 different bolts(eg. cruelly barbed + ingeniously scythed) in a single craft of tinkering from level 6. The second item doesn't have to appear on the craft window, it'd just be considered an added bonus.(A byproduct)

Edit: This is a Suggestion/Mod Request, I'm not asking if it's currently possible(because I know it's not).

Jellp likes this.
  15. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

An allowstacking="0" command to mines.

Also don't make it so it's simply unable to place another mine in a place where there is one of the same kind already but rather let the new mine replace the old if possible.

Jellp likes this.
  16. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

A direction tag for sprites. For instance a missile sprite like in pic related (10k hours in mspaint). Red is how it is now (atleast I think) and green is how it would be if you used <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/arrowN" frames="2" framerate="100" dir="n"/>
    [​IMG]
    You could add up to 4-8 anim sprites and they would use specific sprites based on the direction of the attack. Example:

Code:
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/arrowN" frames="2" framerate="100" dir="n"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/arrowS" frames="2" framerate="100" dir="s"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/arrowE" frames="2" framerate="100" dir="e" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/arrowW" frames="2" framerate="100" dir="w" />

17. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is really foundational and is one of the few hardcoded effects left that I can't stand not being able to mod:

Put an XML trigger in skillDB that is the equivalent of spellDB's <requirements weapon="0"> so that we can force certain skills to only give their stat bonuses to people wielding certain weapons/armor.

As a supplementary, add <requirements weapons="0"> and requirements <weapons="2"> for unarmed and dual-wield-specific effects.

mining likes this.