The New Modding Request Thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Null, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The other thread was getting a bit long and unwieldy and a lot of the requests were already implemented, so I've decided to make a new thread, putting everything in one post now, organized by topic. Some of these quotes are cut short to keep this post from being too long or to remove things that are already possible. Feel free to follow the links to the actual threads.

Right now these are in the order that they are in the thread. At some point I may order them based on likes.

~Spells/Skills~

Kazeto, shaken, Aegho and 1 other person like this.
  2. Null

~Spells/Skills~ continued
    Small note, if this does get added, the weapon skill procs need to be checked because they have a downtime
    Note: For the following, this would be possible on monsters if removemonster was able to work on delayed triggers on that monster (right now it just crashes, presumably because it essentially deletes itself)

Kazeto and Aegho like this.
  3. Null

~Items~
    Poke.

4. Null

~Rooms~
    Below is in reference to suggestion to manually place bbq's etc (which already exists)
    ~Monsters~
    ~Other~

5. Null

Reserved.

6. Null

Feel free to post new suggestions here btw. I'll add them to the main post
    (Stealth bump/additional reserved space)

7. Aegho

Aegho Member

Let's start with: requiretargetbuffontrigger & requiretargetbuffonnottrigger.
    Similar to requirebuffontrigger, except it checks for the buffs on the spells target(s), monsters included. There is so much that could be done if we had this.

Similarly: requirebleed, requiresleep, requireunaware.

summoncorpse - for those spells that require a corpse to run them from. Or a simulacrum for this, perhaps something that doesn't crash the game if cast on a customblocker? ;)

floormarker, requiremarker, requiremarkerbyname, removemarkerbyname - let us mark spots on the floor for future use by spells. A duration parameter for floormarker would be good too, maybe even a brittle parameter(that counts down when the tile is hit by something).

Essence likes this.
  8. Countmore

Countmore Member

For the first Spell/Skill request, there's now a <requirements booze="x"> tag used in the new booze buffs/debuffs (Nip of Courage, Ballmer Peak, etc.)

9. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Except, as far as I know, it's hardcoded in the game and the only thing it does is grant the appropriate drunken buffs. You can't make a spell that triggers only when the booze requirement is met nor can you make a spell that scales of off booze amount. I might be doing something wrong but nothing I've tried worked.

Edit: And for my modding request. Add a lastsfor="x" tag for summoned creatures but mainly ITEMS.

10. Null

yeah but it doesn't work as per the suggestion

11. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Is there an actual chance that any of these will be added into the game?

12. Null

A lot of suggestions were added in 1.0.10 which I had to not post here.

13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Code:
    <spell name="Z" type="target">
    <effect type="removemonster">
    </spell>
    Code:
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Z" amount="X"

Essence likes this.
  14. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Yeah I had mainly ITEMS in mind. (Hence why the capslock.) The lastfor="x" could just be the general term used for both.

And another suggestion, perhaps a trigger based on the amount of buff stacks.

15. Null

Actually I believe right now this will crash the game because the trigger pretty much deletes it's source if you understand what I'm saying. It's connected to the monster and removing it kind of makes it blow up.

16. Aegho

Aegho Member

... you put the trigger in the spell that summons it.

17. Null

yes but when you delay it it has to be tied to a hittable. In order for it to target that monster it has to target that monster.

18. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Member

A couple of mod questions/requests:

1) Is it possible to mod out the monster respawn (and, possibly, add permanent corpses) and mod in a hunger/food requirement? I'd love to be able to clear floors and survey the fruits of my labors, even if it meant I was growing hungrier.

2) Adding crafting recipes. Tonight I started making a mod that allows the construction of bolts from any ingots (zinc bolts, aluminum bolts, etc.), but the recipes (non-hidden) only show up in a newly created character. Is there a way to force an existing save to recognize a new mod's recipes, or are new recipes only added when you start a game?

19. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

1. Not possible.

2. Only when you start a new game.

20. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

triggeronplayerdeath
    effect type="revive"
    triggeronhealth/triggeronmana percentage="x" where percentage is either, well, percent of life remaining or if thats not possible then for instance percentage="10" would proc said effect when you reach 10hp.
    requireitemontrigger="1" requireitemontriggername="x" either equiped or in inventory