The Lemke Legacy - Last of the Lemkes(Story)

Discussion in 'Stories & Fan Fiction' started by Arron Syaoran, May 27, 2013.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

The Lemke Legacy Act 1 - The Last of the Lemkes(discussion highly appreciated until Act 2)
    Prologue - Backstory of the Lemke Family and the Reason for Annie to Enter the Dungeons of Dredmor

Annie Rodriguez Lemke was the daughter of the Famous Alexander Rodriguez Lemke. Annie never knew of her father's profession, but every weekend, they would play catch. Unlike most Families, which would usually play outdoors in a Father and Son relationship, Annie and Alex played catch in secret, and Annie never knew why. One day, Alexander abruptly left home with no notice or message. Panicked over the potential loss of her father, Annie asked the townsmen of the whereabouts of Alex. It turns out that Alex was searching for the Legendary Holy Hand Grenade in the Dungeons of Dredmor. Annie soon requested an audience with the King.

"You, in the Dungeons of Dredmor!?" yelled the King's Advisor. "That would be suicide!"
    "She is quite capable in combat though." said the King.
    "But she's the last of the Lemke heritage!" said the King's Advisor. "What would Homestar do if she died!?"
    "Who's Homestar?" asked Annie.
    "Uh, none of your concern, young lady!" snapped the Advisor.
    "Please, I beg of you, your majesty; My life is meaningless without my father!" begged Annie. "My spirit may never rest without the knowledge of what became of my father."
    "Alright." said the King. "I will let you enter the Dungeons of Dredmor in search of your father. But be warned that many adventurers have met their end there."
    "Good Day M'Lord!" yelled the Advisor. "I'm retiring as your Advisor on behalf of your obsession with that Dreaded Lich!" The King's now former Advisor left the throne room.
    "Seek out Arron Syaoran, The Android Rogue." said the King. "Here is his address. Let no one know of this note. And from now on, you will be known as A-Rod Lemke to the Public. If anyone asks who you are, you ARE Alexander Lemke. Conceal your gender until you reach the Dungeon, and Farewell."

Mushie likes this.
  2. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Prologue Part 2:
    Annie left the castle and approached a shack that looked quite like a hidden Thieve's Den. Cautious about potential threats and traps, she treaded carefully inside.
    "Yes, I'm Arron Syaoran." said Arron Syaoran(Me) "I've overheard your conversation with the King. I tend to eavesdrop on the King once in a while when I'm not currently on a mission."
    "Will you help me find my father?" asked Annie.
    "I will train you, but I won't venture with you back to the Dungeons of Dredmor." said Arron. "I've already earned my medal for slaying that Lich several years ago. I saw many models of myself get slain by various monsters in that dungeon. I do not wish to make it my swan song. I already have affairs to attend to in the Overworld, such as the War between the Elves and the Dwarves as well as the potential conflict between the Clockwork Empire and the Communists. Now tell me, what combat skills are you best at?"
    "Well," said Annie, "I am a Purple belt in Martial Arts."
    "Then we'll train Unarmed and Shield Bearer." said Arron. "As you can see, there's not a single weapon in this shack except my trusty Titanium Shank,(as seen in the latest version of the Android Rogue Mod) and that's for my use only. Your goal is to try and Block my dagger strikes."
    Annie trained with Arron for 3 days. During her training she learned the basics of Smithing, Wielding Shields and Armour, Unarmed Combat, Assassination(Arron's Specialty), and Perception(because Annie passed the Eye test with flying colours). During their training, Annie accidentally threw her shield, Arron was quite impressed about her throw, so he gave her some boomerangs and some acid flasks to help her with her journey. After a good night's sleep, Annie made her way into the Dungeons of Dredmor.

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter One - The Search for Alexander and Alexander's Fate

Alexander "A-Rod" Lemke ventured into the Dungeons of Dredmor equipped with his throwing weapons and his newly learned Unarmed combat skill. He came across a locked door and decided to kick it open. CRASH! A Bee Arthur flew up to Alex and started stabbing him.
    "Not now!" yelled Alex. "I need to level up first! I don't want to waste your Experience points!" The Bee Arthur chased Alex throughout the Dungeon, as Alex was trying to kill Diggles to level up.
    "Get away from me!" said Alex as he was failing to close the doors between him and the Bee Arthur. Alex was almost killed by an Enchanted Plaguetato, so he started running away. He was soon stabbed to death by the Bee Arthur. His corpse was dragged deeper into the Dungeons of Dredmor.

Annie Lemke, now known as A-Rod(after her father's nickname) climbed down the stairs into the Dungeons of Dredmor. The gates slid shut behind her. "You ain't comin' out 'till that Lich is dead!" said the Guard.
    Annie made her way into the dark dungeon, kicking various blobbies and diggles to death. She found the Bee Arthur that killed Alex early on, and found that it was trapped behind a barrel. Annie decided to level up first before taking on that monster. After exploring the Dungeon a bit, she later returned and dispatched the Bee Arthur easily. She will never know that this is what killed her father.

4. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter One - Part Two
    "Hey there." said a strange voice as Annie looted the Bee Arthur's Corpse.
    "Who are you?" inquired Annie as she found what appeared to be a monster.
    "I mean no harm, and I know of your father." said the Strange Monster. "You will need to slay Lord Dredmor. He is a very powerful mage, much harder than any monster zoo."
    "What's a monster zoo?" asked Annie.
    "A monster zoo is a large room filled with hundreds of monsters." said the Monster. "Very difficult to deal with."
    "Where's my father?" asked Annie. "And what are you doing here talking to me?"
    "I'm here to help you find your father." said the Monster. "You see, he wasn't the only one looking for the Holy Hand Grenade. I used to be one of his baseball friends until I was sent here and turned into a monster. My name's Molluscus, by the way."
    "My dad was into Baseball?" asked Annie.
    "Yes he was." said Molluscus. "He was one of the most famous Major League Baseball Players in the world."
    "So that's why he had these weird sticks, gloves and softballs." said Annie. "He and I used to play catch together in secret but I never knew why."
    "Annie," said Molluscus, "You were destined to become a baseball player. The first Female Baseball Player in the Major Leagues. You're just as fast and as strong as any male baseball player. You would definitely make Homestar proud."
    "Who's Homestar?" asked Annie.
    "Didn't your friend Arron tell you who Homestar is?" said Molluscus. "The Fabled Homestar Runner? He's the Legend who created the Baseball-derivative known as Softball. I must leave you now. We will meet again in floor 2."
    "But wait!" yelled Annie. But Molluscus was gone. It appeared he teleported away. Annie didn't remember teleportation and wizardry as a part of baseball. She always saw the players running across the field. Why would you need to run if you could teleport?

5. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Two - The Discovery

Annie "A-Rod" Lemke was pwning enemies with her Impenetrable Dual Shields and her Kicking Prowess. She wondered why she ended up searching for her father when she could be the next Baseball Player All Star. Had she have known what Molluscus had told her, Annie wouldn't have ventured into this cold, damp dungeon. Annie decided to buy out all of the Softballs and Boomerangs from the Vending Machines because they reminded her of baseball. She ventured down into the second floor after czeching every corner for her father. She followed Arron's advice of not wasting lockpicks on doors until floor 15. She came across her first monster zoo. Using her newly learned techniques, The Throwing Buffalo Technique and Gray Heron Takes Flight, Annie cleared the monster zoo with little trouble.

Continuing to search for her father, Annie opened a door to a Dead End with her Father's Skeleton. Annie was devastated by the sight of what became of her butchered Father. Due to the Story being told by Arron Syaoran(The Idiot who's posting this), Arron has saved you the Swearing, Screaming and Crying that Annie has went through. Annie took her anger out on a platoon of Electroblobbies next door.
    Alex's Fate.jpg

6. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Two - Part Two
    "I'm sorry to hear of your father." said Molluscus.
    "Why was he murdered this way?" cried Annie. "Will this happen to me if I die here?"
    "Every adventurer who is slain in the Dungeons of Dredmor gets dragged to this floor and butchered for meat." said Molluscus. "The meat is fed to the Diggles, the Zorkmids are split between the Deths, and the Brain and Skeleton are used to make Zombys."
    "That's Terrible!" cried Annie. "Why would Lord Dredmor allow such a thing?"
    "Lord Dredmor is an Economist and a Necromancer." said Molluscus. "He cares not of the people in the Surface world. He in fact despised them, which is perfect reasoning for such corporeal desecration. I must leave now, I need to find a cure for my Cephalopodic Curse."

"I now know what I must do." said Annie. "I must slay Lord Dredmor. It is the only way I can avenge my father, and it is the only way I can escape the Dungeons of Dredmor."

7. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Three - The Betrayal

Annie, now known as the new "A-Rod", went down to the third floor and kicked down a door to find...
    A MONSTER ZOO! Unlike the last Monster Zoo, A-Rod was having trouble doing enough damage to the enemies in this zoo. Although she wasn't close to death at any point, she was still scared. A long fight could mean her end. She still kicked the monsters to death, one by one, until only a few remain. A-Rod was fortunate enough that this was a small zoo and not a large one. As she saw Pumpkinn and Octo in the Zoo, she noticed that they try to escape her while casting spells at her. She would take severe dammage if she were to try and melee them, even with her Dual Runed Iron Skjoldrs. She decided to try out the softballs she's been collecting from the vending machines. They did quite alot of damage compared to her kicks. The softballs dispatched the remaining monsters easily.

As A-Rod was cleaning off the blood from her boots, Molluscus sneaked behind her and startled her. On instinct, she threw a softball in his direction, nearly missing his head.
    "Sorry, I didn't see you there." said A-Rod.
    "You nearly crushed my skull with that thing!" yelled Molluscus. "Anyway, I think you're quite better throwing than you are at kicking. You've got quite an arm."
    "Why thank you." said A-Rod. "Maybe I should practice throwing rather than kicking all of the time."
    "You never were all that good at martial arts." murmured Molluscus.
    "What was that?" asked A-Rod.
    "Nothing." said Molluscus. "I need you to help me. I've been trying to find a cure for my condition and it seems that I haven't been able to get the right throwing weapon from the machines. Every one I find turns out empty."
    "Maybe someone's buying them all out." said A-Rod.
    "If I find out who bought out all of my softballs, I'll tear their skull from their spine!" snapped Molluscus. "Are you the one who bought them all out?"
    "No." lied A-Rod.
    "Good." said Molluscus. "I need those softballs for Lord Dred... Knight. Yes, Lord Dreadknight. You know, the Wizard-Knight Lord who knows of a Potion to cure my ailment."
    "Are you okay?" asked A-Rod. "You seem kinda senile."
    "I'm fine." said Molluscus. "I really have to go. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. You should start practicing your throwing soon." Molluscus teleported away without giving A-Rod a chance to say goodbye.
    "That was strange." thought A-Rod. "It seems as if Molluscus was just using me for something. I've never heard of anyone named Lord Dreadknight either. I think he's up to something. I really don't see how a potion made from softballs would cure any ailment at all.

8. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Three - Part Two
    Dredmor's Conversation.jpg
    A-Rod continued clearing the monsters from the third floor. She heard some whispering behind a closed door. Instead of kicking it down, she decided to see who it was.
    "I'm sorry my Lord." said a familiar voice. "I couldn't get to the Vending Machines in time."
    "You have failed me." said Lord Dredmor. "You now have one last chance. Kill the one named A-Rod, and give me her head. I will be heading down to my lair. My army is almost ready. Soon, not even Arron Syaoran can stop the Might of Lord Dredmor!"
    A-Rod looked through the keyhole to make sure it was Lord Dredmor. She saw Molluscus heading down to the fourth floor with Lord Dredmor.

9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Four - The Confrontation

Thrusty Hump.jpg
    As A-Rod went about finishing the third floor, she found a group of Thrusties in a room known as The Relics. A-Rod never understood Doom Mechanics, but saw that something was amiss when the Thrusties were attacking her. She found the idea quite disgusting and decided to take them all out with another Gray Heron takes Flight. A-Rod levelled up again, but this time, instead of capping her Unarmed Combat skill, she decided to take a different path of throwing. She picked the second skill labeled Monster Toss and although it was mostly useless, it probably would help against some boss monsters. She ventured into another room to find The Pyromancer's Gauntlets. She became overtly excited, saying to herself, "I'm throwing with fire now, see!"
    Pyromancer Score.jpg
    As A-Rod finished clearing the Third floor, she felt that the Third floor was somewhat lacking in rooms and Vending Machines.
    "I don't know if I should buy out the expensive bombs and flasks or if I should save up for Brax at some point." thought A-Rod. "So far, Brax hasn't been offering anything special."

10. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Four - Part Two
    A-Rod was just about to head down to the fourth floor when she thought, "I remember Arron Syaoran saying something about crafting your own ammunition. He said that as a Tinker you could craft bolts and bombs, but he also mentioned other Crafting Skills yielding ammunition as well. Maybe there's something I can make with smithing."
    A-Rod looked looked at her recipe list and saw multiple recipes for thrown weapons. They may not have any Area of Effect to them, but they make half a dozen throwing weapons for only one of almost any ingot. She saved a bookmark in that chaptire of recipes. Then she headed Downstairs.
    Found Molluscus.jpg
    "A-Rod, what a nice surprise!" said Molluscus. "Here, I have something for you." Molluscus shot an Arcane Missile at A-Rod. It barely hit her chestplate. "I have something for you, too!" said A-Rod. "I hope you like baseballs!"
    I've got somethin for ya.jpg
    Annie threw a softball toward Molluscus' Skull. This time it didn't miss. It severely hurt him.
    "You may have defeated me," cried Molluscus, "But you will never defeat Lord Dredmor!"
    Baseball owns.jpg
    A-Rod(Annie) threw another softball straight at Molluscus' head. The blow was so fierce that it caused his head to implode. Seeing now that her true destiny lies as being a Baseball Pitcher of Doom, Annie holds her deadly thrown arsenal at her belt.
    "You are wrong, Molluscus." said Annie. "I will defeat Lord Dredmor, find the Legendary Holy Hand Grenade and fulfill my father's Legacy. I will not let my father's death go in vain."
    Annie continued through the fourth floor trying to maximise her potential at throwing. Soon Lord Dredmor will regret killing Alexander Rodriguez Lemke.
    The Death of Molluscus.jpg

11. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Five - Happy Birthday A-Rod Lemke(RNG God Favours her for now)

After pondering what happened with the death of Molluscus, Annie(A-Rod) felt free to wander the dungeons once more. As long as she's in the Dungeons of Dredmor, she will only refer to herself as Annie either when she's alone, or if a true close friend is nearby. "These monsters can't be trusted." though Annie. "If anyone asks of my name, I will tell them only that I am A-Rod Lemke."
    Brax trying to rip you off.jpg
    Annie walked into another Brax shop to see if he's gotten anything good this time. Seeing the Acid Flasks for sale, Annie said to herself, "Brax finally came through this time." Just as she was about to purchase the flasks, a memory of Arron Syaoran popped into her head. It was a memory of Arron telling Annie not to buy expensive and/or numerous ammunition from Brax. Annie could have sworn that no information of this kind was told to her during her training. Perhaps Arron Syaoran hypnotised her or something. Maybe she shouldn't trust Arron Syaoran either. The memory then made her think that the reason not to buy the Flasks from Brax is because the listed price is FOR EACH individual unit. This would make the total cost of the Acid Flasks not 1822, but 5466 Zorkmids. With only 17440 Zorkmids to spare, Acid Flasks aren't worth spending one-third of Annie's money on only 3 projectiles.

Annie went to another room to find a Kilt inside of a Barrel. The +3 Melee Power would suit her build quite well. After all, she's still wearing the Pirate Breeches she got from Floor 1.
    looks expensive, actually cheaper.jpg
    Exploring a bit some more, Annie found another Throwing Vending Machine. This time it was selling 5 Acid Flasks for 2637. This would cost her half the price of Brax's Acid Flasks, and give her 2 additional Flasks to boot! Knowing from past experience that Poison Flasks are better than Poison Bolts, and Acid Bolts are better than Acid Flasks, Annie decided to save her money for any other potential purchases.

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Five - Part Two
    the next level.jpg
    Toward the end of the hall, Annie opened up a Monster Zoo. This time it was easy for her. It turns out that Unarmed and Thrown work better together than they do separately. From now on, Annie will save her Thrown for more troubling fights, such as Hit and Run casters and Named Bosses. Her footwork has been doing quite well, so she'll use that for the easier fights. Upon Levelling up, she chose Smithing as her next skill point. The reason being is because of Arron Syaoran saying something about getting more ammunition yield from higher Crafting Levels. Besides, Her Steel Cuirass needs and upgrade after getting tarnished by Molluscus' Arcane Missile spell.
    Crafted Steel Plate.jpg
    Annie went to her Pocket Dimension and crafted herself a new Full Plate Armour. She then remembered the bookmark she made about crafting throwing weapons. Annie decided to craft some Bronze Darts and some Iron Kunai Knives. She saw a Crude Iron Axe on the other side of the room waiting to be crafted. She used this Axe to craft 6 Nzappa Zap Throwing Axes. Seeing the damage capability compared to the Kunai, Annie decided to abandon Kunais as a thrown weapon and aim for more throwing axes.

While crafting the Bronze Darts, another implanted memory of Arron Syaoran flooded her head. This time it involved the Javelin as a better source of damage than the Dart. It involved using Bronze to make a Spear, turn it into a Hefty Stick, and apply the Hefty Stick to the Dart to make 7 Javelins. Although she thought this was a good idea, she snapped out of her trance and decided to do some math of her own. If it costs 1 bronze ingot to make 6 darts, 2 bronze ingots to make a hefty stick, and one dart plus one heft stick to make 7 javelins, you would get 42 javelins from 13 bronze ingots, where as you would get 78 darts for the same price in bronze. Annie decided to make darts from now on, because unlike the matter between Kunais and Nzappa Zaps, she would want more yield rather than more power. After All, there has to be better thrown weaponry than what she's seen so far. Remember the Legendary Holy Hand Grenade?

13. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Five - Part Three
    Same steel plate for way too much.jpg
    Annie ventured some more to find yet another Brax Shop. this time it was selling a Full Plate Armour, just like the one she's wearing now. It was listed as 42k Zorkmids. Knowing that she's crafted the same armour for much less in materials(7 Steel Ingots is less than 3k from Brax), she decided to abandon all hopes for finding good treasure in Brax Shops. Her new friend will be the Throwing Vending Machines.
    Goggles of Tinkering capability.jpg
    Halfway through the Floor, Annie opened an Uber chest to find Tinkerer's Goggles. She feels that she's being granted many good treasures for braving the Dungeons of Dredmor. She feels as if she's being thanked for ridding the world of a miserable traitor like Molluscus. She knows exactly what she's going to do with these. She will be able to make low tier bombs. She will make Concussion bombs to open up new secret paths. She will also make use of Plastic Bolts for turning into Lutefisk. Until now, Plastic has been entirely useless to her. Seeing all of these resources she's been granted, she feels she will need every bit of it if she is to stop Lord Dredmor's nefarious plan. As she was finishing up the fourth floor, Annie wondered what Molluscus' intentions were.

14. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Six - The Diary of the Whills

The Diary of the Whills.jpg
    Annie was again finishing another floor of the Dungeons of Dredmor. She ventured east in search of loot and just missed a strange looking book. After selling her next batch of junk to Brax, Annie remembered this book and decided to pick it up. It was called the Diary of the Whills. When she tried to read it, it had major grammar errors and many contradictory statements. This book seemed to be written by a madman. On one of the last pages in the book, there was a nearly blank page that just said "Molluscus". This made Annie curious. She felt she needed to decipher the book at any cost, but couldn't do it alone. With Molluscus and her father Alexander slain, she has no one and nothing to turn to. Not even Arron Syaoran has the ability to help her, simply because Annie is the next in line to attempt to defeat Lord Dredmor. Unable to decipher the Tome, Annie stashed the book in her backpack, and tried to remember not to sell this to Brax.

15. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Six - Part Two
    Rough Iron Axe craft.jpg
    After buying out most of a Thrown Vending Machine and running almost completely out of Zorkmids, Annie was trying to find who or what that can help her decipher the Diary. As she killed a moustache spirit, she found another Rough Iron Axe. Unlike the Crude Iron Axe, she quickly found that the Rough Iron Axe is useless for crafting the Nzappa Zap recipe. She looked for a recipe to convert a Rough one into a Crude one, but only found a recipe to turn a Crude Axe into a Rough Axe. "The only two uses for a Rough Iron Axe would either be Higher level Axes or selling to Brax." said Annie. "I'm pretty much done on this floor. It's time for me to head down to floor 5." When she finished the last room, she headed to Brax to sell her junk again. This time she caught the eye of a Toque of Kanada.
    Toque of Kanada.jpg
    Another washing memory implanted by Arron Syaoran show her that in future floors, she would need to gain Toxic, Hyperborean and Conflagratory Resistance. "What has Arron done to me!?" yelled Annie. "Why are all these memories coming into my mind!?" Upon this thought, Annie remembered a Dream she had while sleeping at Arron Syaoran's shack one night. It was a Dream involving these voltaic beetles with prongs sticking out of the sides. She then heard Arron Syaoran's voice flooding her memory, speaking thousands of words each minute. Every tip that Arron Syaoran would ever give, if he had more time to train her, flashed before her eyes. She suddenly got a huge headache as a Thrusty was humping her armour. She killed the Thrusty and got to her feet. She foresaw the next floor's look. Following Arron's Advice, Annie bought the Toque of Kanada and headed downstairs.

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Six - Part Three
    Seeing the fifth floor was astonishing, as if she's seen it before. In fact, the rooms on this floor looked exactly as the memories that were implanted in her. She pulled out the Diary of the Whills, trying to find any clue toward Arron Syaoran, the Memories, or the Pronged Voltaic Beetle, but saw absolutely nothing to do with the sort. After clearing out the monsters in the room, she headed south and opened the door to find a Sleeping Molluscus.
    Molluscus Again.jpg
    At first Annie thought that this was a dream, a mirage or some implanted memory. But she saw, heard and touched Molluscus and confirmed that this is real. Annie decided to think fast and tie up Molluscus before he could wake up. She then stole his wand and held a glass shard up to his neck. She dug into her backpack to find a Potion of Purity. "Maybe this was what Molluscus was looking for." thought Annie. "A Potion to cure any ailment or curse. Including the Cephalopodic Curse." She held the Potion and waited for Molluscus to wake up.

When Molluscus woke up, Annie yelled, "I thought you were dead! How are you still alive now!?"
    "I always was dead, or undead for that matter." said Molluscus. Molluscus saw the Glass shard and simply said, "Do your worst."
    "I also have a Potion of Purity, capable of curing any ailment or curse." said Annie.
    "Give it here," said Molluscus, "and I will tell you everything."
    "Spill the beans or you're not getting it at all." said Annie.
    Molluscus knew that being reanimated by Lord Dredmor was a very painful process, so he decided to cooperate. "I am the thirteenth incarnation of Molluscus." said Molluscus. "I was slain twelve times, most recently by you. I've been around since near the beginning of the Dungeons of Dredmor. Back then I was still human, a wizard seeking out to kill Lord Dredmor. One day I found myself turned into this wretched beast, and sought any way possible for a cure. Lord Dredmor then promised me the cure, only to enslave me as one of his minions."

"How do you know of the Lemke heritage?" asked Annie. "Am I really meant to be the next Major League Baseball Player?"
    "You would never have made it in the Major Leagues." said Molluscus. "They don't allow Female Players. Baseball is run by an all Male Organization. As for the Lemke Heritage, I never really was into baseball. The reason why I know your story is because my fellow wizards and I used to go to the pub to get drunk, and everyday we saw some some Hooligans listen to baseball on the TeleVocal Listener's Reciever(Arron: It's called a Radio). I eventually got kicked out of that pub I hated it so much.(Famous DoD quote)

"Are you really a friend of my Father's?" asked Annie.
    "Of course not." said Molluscus. "All I knew was that every man named Lemke was into baseball. I've even seen an Android named Arron Lemke."
    "Who's Arron Lemke?" asked Annie.
    "Arron Lemke was one of the first Arron Syaoran Androids to venture into the Dungeons of Dredmor, long before the Diggle Gods were discovered." said Molluscus. "Like all the Lemkes, he was good at baseball. I know of him because I used to see him venture down here to slay Lord Dredmor."

17. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Chapter Six - Part Four
    "Are you really a Wizard?" asked Annie. "And who's Homestar Runner?"
    "Yes, I really am a Wizard." said Molluscus. "And the only reason why I knew of Homestar Runner was because of those damn Hooligans! He's just some dumb nut that doesn't even have any arms! I'm surprised that he's any good at a sport with HIS level of intelligence!"
    HSR.gif
    "How do I defeat Lord Dredmor?" asked Annie. "And what were your plans with him?"
    "Even I knew not of how to defeat Lord Dredmor, because I never did." said Molluscus. "But just between us, Lord Dredmor's most recent plan was to get me to steal all of the Throwing Projectiles from the Dungeon so that you would have nothing to throw. My plan backfired as you were the first to get to the Vending Machines despite my ability to travel between floors faster than any other monster in this dungeon. After I was last reanimated, I overheard him mentioning something with Brax involving a deal to raise the price of all thrown projectiles throughout the dungeon."
    "So that's why Brax's Shop sold ammunition for a ripoff price." said Annie.
    "They're going to do the same with the Vending Machines." said Molluscus. "Now give the potion here, just as you promised."

Annie handed the Potion of Purity to Molluscus. "What is the Diary of Whills for?" asked Annie as Molluscus was drinking the Potion. Molluscus' body started to swell, and rage-filled blood rushed to his head. "This potion doesn't work!" yelled Molluscus. "You swindled me! I'll take you to diggle hell with me!"
    As Molluscus' swollen body began to give way, Annie realised that the explosion that will soon follow would take out half of this dungeon floor, killing her in an instant. Asking one last time, Annie yelled, "What's the Diary for!?" Annie pulled out her softballs and began to throw them at Molluscus.
    Molluscus simply said, "It's MY Diary." Annie threw a softball straight at his head before Molluscus could explode. A much smaller explosion occured, blinding Annie for a brief moment, and knocking her back. As she got up, she saw the incinerated remains of Molluscus.
    "I doubt Lord Dredmor could ever reanimate him again." said Annie. Annie looked into her inventory and saw that the Diary of the Whills had vanished.
    The End of Molluscus.jpg

18. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

End of Act 1(The Last of the Lemkes).
    Act 2 will start out at chapter 7, with no unnecessary prologue(the Prologue to Act 1 WAS necessary).
    As a reward for your patience, replies are now open. Feel free to discuss the events of what happened in this story. If you really like a specific picture or segment of text, like the post.