The kill-a-mob-on-the-stairs bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Godwin, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

Did a search, couldn't find it, so here goes:

I just went upstairs (back to level 1) after playing half an hour or more with one of my permadeath chars.

When I reappeared I was on top of a blobby, and there were a batty and another blobby south of me, basically, I was on the end of the stairs, blobby beneath me and batty and blobby south of me.
    I used my sword line attack south, killed one blobby, batty was south of me now and the blobby that was underneath me now was north of me, basically in the stairs where you shouldn't be able to stand normally.
    I then killed the blobby, and the game froze in the kill-animation and crashed :/

Second crash ever iirc.

I tried to see if my automatic save had triggered from coming up, but no... it was a save from another char which hadn't even switched levels. Weird, I thought automatic saves only happened upon switching levels.

Well anyway, I thought you'd perhaps liked to know of this :)

EDIT: oh yeah by the way, my old save for the char was still there, so no worries really, just gotta redo half an hour of gameplay.

EDIT2: on a hunch I reloaded the automatic save (which was depicted as being from another char at another time), and it WAS the save that I had hoped it would be, only I was still on the level below. Now, with doing things differently, I managed to get passed the three mobs on the stairs on the level above without any crash .

(also just noticed I couldn't edit my message twice unless I refreshed... something for the forum guys? ;p)