The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Interesting, but why, I wonder.

2. Aegho

Aegho Member

Removed some recepies(quite a few actually) because they weren't needed so much what with pocket dimension and now I can save with that activated too. None of the recepies removed were buggy in themselves(passed the mod validator and whatnot), I have a hypothesis that having too many recepies may cause inability to save. Or possibly having duplicate recepies. (My spear to hefty stick conversion recepie has been adopted by the core game!)

3. Dronix

Dronix Member

Currently having the same issue as a number of people... Stuck at a point where I went through a mysterious portal and can't get out. Game allows me to move around and whatnot but when trying to leave through the next mysterious portal it crashes hard with no error. Please find the save right next to the portal attached.

Attached Files:

4. darius404

darius404 Member

While using Polearms, I appear to have died from a normal attack. From 3 squares away. I know it's a normal attack, because the combat log recorded "The Ectoplasmic Excession mystifies you," plus the damage, which it does not do with monster ranged attacks and spells. Also, Ectoplasmic Excessions (the purple square blobs) do not, to my knowledge, have a ranged attack. I have uploaded a screenshot of my death.

ranged  non-ranged attack.jpg

edit:
    Ok, I didn't know counters could be done even against a long-range attack.

5. Archos

Archos Member

It seems that the Heat Exaust from Baromatic Pulse Device skill is not working anymore as before. The buff/debuff icon of Heat Exaust appears, but unlike before, nothing happens at all. No steam cloud, nothing.

Also, what was the purpose of that steam? Just a visual effect? Or it had it usefulness/dangers?

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Er, I'm not sure what your bug is. Monster zoo rewards are random as all get out.
    I just got Magnetronic plate mail with a few bonuses to it on floor 7. :eek:
    The stars is just the rarity of the item. That changes what it's worth, and it's likelyhood to drop on the floor you're on.
    I've gotten a parachute pants with a lot of nice bonuses from a zoo on floor 4 before
    Perhaps I really don't understand your problem.
    You think it should have sold for more at the shop?
    One bonus shouldn't make a big difference in the price. Especially on Going Rogue, where even Crownstars sell for crap. :)
    Also, what do you mean by buff?

7. darius404

darius404 Member

I think he just means the enchantment on the item.

8. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It countered your Lunge, which is intended.

Dronix likes this.
  9. Borodin

Borodin Member

Which part of, "I'm not complaining about the random factor in items received, but the ratings bearing no resemblance in these instances to the actual buff" did you have difficulty with? ;)

As I wrote, the rating was 4 stars. The object had Block 1, and that's it. This has happened repeatedly. My point is that the star rating system (which has also determines how much you get for an item) in my recent experience has in many cases little or no relationship to the actual worth of the item. I don't recall it ever being like this, before, but I could be mistaken. :)

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay, I think I understand what you meant, even if you were a bit mean. :(
    But the items have always had the random bonuses not have any effect on the stars, I.E. item quality.
    I hope that's what you wanted to know.

An example is you craft a nice Emerald amulet. It will still be at 7 stars quality.
    Random bonuses have never had an effect on the stars.

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

No, I wasn't mean. Didn't you see the wink emoticion at the end of my first graf, and the smiles one at the end of my second? If I meant it to be read with a sarcastic inflection, I would have left emoticons out. :)

See, it's still buggy, in my opinion. The rating is meant (as I understand it) to reflect the quality of the item, and it doesn't come near.

Each to their own, though. If you don't find it buggy, that's no skin off my nose. :)

12. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

With the Steampunk Knight's second skill I am able to shoot doors 5 tiles away without unlocking a room, shoot items trough hallways, blast the shopkeeper's wares out of his store, dredmor out of the room and all iron bars and levers, chandeliers and other inanimate objects fear my rocketlauncher-infused right arm.

Intended? Because well it's fun but really overpowered.

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh, okay, Borodin. Sorry for not getting it.
    And yeah, I'm not entirely certain why the bonuses are the way they are.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A patch for the stairs, and for the pocket dimension inventory dropout, is now in testing.

Exile and DragonDai like this.
  15. Musaab

Musaab Member

Polymorphic Injunction: I keep testing it and it keeps auto-tossing me to desktop. Already on the list.

All I did was kill a diggle and Bee Arthur. I leveled, and chose Polymorphic Injunction. I stumbled into a diggle nest, and tried to cast it on a diggle, and BOOM! DESKTOP!

16. FloodSpectre

FloodSpectre Member

The Clockwork Drill Lance is still a staff instead of a polearm.

Also, the polearm stats seem a little wonky. It's surprising to see that while the Lava Lance does do a fire-based proc, the weapon itself inflicts no conflagratory damage (the description would lead me to believe otherwise). The Acidspitter and Thermite Lance, despite being 2 levels apart, both have the exact same stats (excepting their procs and prices, of course). The Naginata is a level higher than the Guan Dao but does noticeably less damage and is worth less too, which seems strange. Finally, the Dire Halberd sucks, but maybe that's completely intended ;)

Besides that, a minor nitpick: the Core game staves that were changed to spears also had their icon's names changed to reflect this, but the expansion staff->spears did not. I'm not really sure if this is really anything you want to bother with though, but as a sort of OCD wiki editor I tend to notice these things :)

17. Archos

Archos Member

Are axemanship's area skills (Philosopher of the Axe and Norwegian Axenado) supposed to destroy walls? I didn't found any reference about this, and it's happening here.

It seems to affect only some walls (but maybe that's how destroying walls works, I never did it at all before). I tought it was something on my axe (explosive damage?), but I tested it without any axe at all and it happened too. Maybe i'm missing something here, or could be a bug?

Here some screenshots:

Before Philosopher of the Axe:
    2012-08-05_00001.jpg

After:
    2012-08-05_00002.jpg

Without any weapon at all (those diagonal holes):
    2012-08-05_00003.jpg

18. Aegho

Aegho Member

Some walls are made to be breakable (secret areas!), anything that do damage to them (typically aoes) will break them.

Most walls are not breakable, and requires a dig effect to destroy. (Such as the capstone in golemancy, or bolts of mass destruction).

19. Or the werediggle digging skill, or The Bomb. (I think that's pretty much all of them?)

Anyway I DO know I've had wals that probably aren't supposed to be destroyed randomly get destroyed by splash damage.

20. Archos

Archos Member

Oh, I see. I tought it was something with my skills causing that effect, because some random walls were being destroyed (like those on my screenshots). Nice, learning something new on this game everyday!

That's what I tought, those walls seemed normal to me.