The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. eskr

eskr Member

Not sure if intended, but the batty form (capstone Vampirisim skill) can fly over water, but canNOT fly over traps. (i.e. it triggers traps just like a non-flying creature)

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The two Dredmor wikis are way out of date...Dredmorpedia is usually on top of things a few days after a major release or patch, since it gets info from the game files directly.

http://j-factor.com/dredmorpedia/

3. Creidieki

Creidieki Member

The current balance fix for caltrop eruptors decreases the size of the pattern they use. Based on what happened with Lucky Find/Platinum Rings, couldn't you instead add some dummy entries to the spawnitemfromlist entry? Then you could have caltrops placed in a random ~50% of the 8 adjacent squares, rather than always having them placed directly around the player.

Turbo164 likes this.
  4. eskr

eskr Member

If you transmute your pet (only tried with zombys and magical law) they do turn into another creature from the level (very cool :), but you can no longer exchange places with them. Instead they become immovable obstacles (though you can kill them without retaliation so it's not game breaking).
    Not sure if transforming weak pets into level appropriate monsters was intended. Very cool though. (If one wanted to balance, if it needed it, this perhaps take reduce life accordingly?). But I digress. Problem is just that they become obstacles like normal monsters while behaving otherwise like pets.

Turbo164 likes this.
  5. Known issue, I think. (And an old one. And one I found out by nasty surprise...)

6. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

The Vanishing Melee Power bug is back in 1.0.12 for Macs. Hits when you have dual-wield and berserker, and whittles your :melee_power: to nothing. Some say it happens when you level up, but I recently watched it happen in the middle of a fight. Chances are good the related bugs that affected :armor_asorb: and master-of-arms, and possibly the inverted one that affected Necro are back as well, but I haven't personally seen them in this build. Seems likely the buffs and debuffs that proc from these skills are being applied once but removed twice as a result of some sort of interaction with dual-wield.

http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/vanishing-armor-absorption.3019/

7. Bobson

Bobson Member

This relates to the "Rooms can sometimes generate that are impassable without the right skills" might-not-be-a-bug, but I had a room spawn with a lever blocking a bookshelf. See the screenshot.

Attached Files:

8. Kyle273

Kyle273 Member

The Debuff "Ruin Of Time" Doesn't have a countdown, and can be canceled. Is this intended behavior?

9. rydash

rydash Member

Probably not, although 10c seems to have The Test of Time functioning oddly as well. There may be a resolution in the next hotfix (or if that doesn't happen, the official patch), but, keep an eye on it.

10. Musaab

Musaab Member

With hotfix 10c, when I completed the Daggers skill tree, I did not get the achievement.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay. What the hell is this?! I installed the latest hotfix, hotfix 10, started a new game, and I can pick up encrusting recipes, but the encrusting tab doesn't exist. Can't select it at all.
    The pocket dimension has no wizardlands portal. It doesn't even have the changing location thing, and for some reason it's stuck on floor 5's layout.
    I don't know what happened?!

The only thing I can think of is somehow More Dred item pack mod blew up everything. :eek:
    I really don't know what happened here. But half the features of Wizardlands expansion are gone.
    I know to get a mod from steam works to work in the game itself, you have to rename the .dat to .zip. And then move it to the mods directory.
    But if I have to remove that mod, no big loss, but I don't know how it could have broken the encrusting or the Wizardland portals. I don't even know if graffiti can show up!

12. Bobson

Bobson Member

I just had the same thing happen. Nothing in the pocket dimension, and I just checked and no encrusting tab either. Oddly, both were just fine in earlier games, with no changes between them. No new mods, no new patch...

Attached Files:

13. Frelus

Frelus Member

I did loose the Wizardland portal and room control in the pocket dimension after installing hotfix 10, too.
    Please fix this.

14. Creidieki

Creidieki Member

Saving and loading the game made me lose a Monster Zoo counter (and thus reward).

15. eskr

eskr Member

"No new mods" or "no mods [at all]" ?

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I don't know what happened. But I'm glad I'm not the only person who got broken.
    I'm not sure how this happened, but I would like to know soon.
    If anyone has any idea what the hell happened to both me and Bobson, I would like to know.
    The only addition on my mod list was More Dred item pack and Death by a thousand taunts.. The game didn't bug out with the mod Jay's mega-phenome pack.
    Anyone, please help.

17. 17arkOracle

17arkOracle Member

If the wiki is any indication, Call of the Sandstorm is supposed to give you the Test of Time, not the Ruin of Time which it gives to enemies. Where the Test of Time is an infinite, cancellable Buff.

18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Erm, that's strange and the first reports of this. If you create a new character, are the features there?

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Daynab, I did create a new character, and that's when I noticed the features not working.
    I could create another character to see if it keeps happening though. Won't take too long to find out if I get the bugged no encrusting thing. :) Since I take Smithing.

20. eskr

eskr Member

Arcane Capacitor bug. Probably easy to fix.
    If you let Arcane Capacitor overload you get 3 debuffs (as you should) Rippling "Weakness", "Manafueled", and "Uh Oh!".

"Uh Oh!" is a 3 turn debuff. An explosion is suppossed to occur at the end of it if you haven't debuffed yourself.
    However the explosion occurs after 1 turn, the debuff then continues to countdown and nothing happens at the end. (Nor does anything occur if you transfer the debuff to another creature.)

I think the timing was messed up when Arcane Capacitor was fixed, would be great if it could be fixed for the many people trying to save themselves from doom. (Nothing to do with the fact that I made a character based around, in part, transfer of the arcane capacitor "Uh Oh!" debuff, which is now impossible. :) )