The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Warz

Warz Member

my pocket dimension icon has disappear in my previous game I had the whole floor fill with items and died from shop keeper if that helps.

edit. What I mean is my icon is gone for my new save game to get to the pocket dimension.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The Pocket Dimension doesnt carry over from game to game. Sorry!

3. Bobson

Bobson Member

That's normal - you need to find a key to it again in the new save.

4. Warz

Warz Member

what's the item name? and thank you and they don't carry for new saves what's the point of them?

5. Bobson

Bobson Member

It's that same boxy thing you picked up to unlock it the first time. The decorations you've unlocked and chosen carry over, as do the wizardlands you've visited, and it's a very useful space. But you don't save items there, and it can take a while to find the key (the same way it can take a while to find the first shop).

I think the game will keep generating keys until you pick one up.

6. Warz

Warz Member

Thanks I remember now and sorry for thinking it was a bug.

7. Kror

Kror Member

The game doesn't list damage from spells, only "your spell does no damage". That mostly spams the chat if your spell has a spellmine effect (most of them do very little dmg). Your spell goes off, does much dmg and then the spellmine does like 1 dmg and that dmg is eaten by resistances. Then the console is spammed with "Your spell does no damage".

You'll notice the same thing if you walk in traps like acid sprayer with enough resistances.. or well if your spell doens't do any damage :eek: but it's counted per entity it hits.. so the chat is spammed with it. The only way to notice your spell dmg are the numbers shown on the screen when your spell hits.

8. Kror

Kror Member

? Dunno which hotfix I missed but now it works most of the time.. except for the situations where the Radiant Aura/Mane Maille stacking bug applies too. So it seems to be bound to that.

When you don't have full brittle stacks of Radiant Aura and Suit up and you would gain another stack of Radian Aura instead of refreshing it: Nothing happens to the brittle Stacks of Suit Up!. When you would refresh the brittle stacks of Radiant Aura, you will refesh Suit Up! too.

So that happens when switching Levels/into Pocket Dimension. (although strangely not always when switching to the Pocket Dimension but always when switchign levels) Can anyone confirm this? :(

9. Kror

Kror Member

Since the game crashes... sometimes atm.. This becomes really a big issue for me. The autosaves only saves floors where it saes. E.g. if you load on floor 8, finish floor 8 and then continue to floor 9 and the game autosaves there, it only saves floor 9. If your game crashes and you load your autosave (because on your normal save you didnt even finish floor 8 :/ ), only the process on floor 9 is saved. I know that you worked around it due to the fact that the game autosaves right before you go down.. so it SHOULD gather all floors, but if you switch characters or do many other things, the old autosave data is lost. And like that you can lose floordata when the game crashes and you have to use your autosave.

Thats especially bad if you loose the stuff from your pocket dimension ;(

10. Izowiuz

Izowiuz Member

The game nukes itself to desktop when I play with quicker animations and certain 'on hit' effect is applied to a monster. I have a save right next one. After successful attack, the game crashes.

11. Archos

Archos Member

Again on that wall issue I reported, it really seems to be strange. It seems that breakable walls are sort of randomly placed, even having something on them.

Here an example:

That graffiti was on a wall that I broke:
    2012-08-09_00002.jpg

After some kicking work:
    2012-08-09_00003.jpg

Dunno if this is an expected feature or not, though

Edit: just discovered that acid bolt traps are capable of breaking walls too. Amazing!

2012-08-09_00005.jpg --> 2012-08-09_00006.jpg

Musaab likes this.
  12. Noyman29

Noyman29 Member

My game occasionally freezes when i use the Alchemical Toxin Canister. It usually freezes when the gas cloud is at its max or just as I use it.

13. Tahau

Tahau Member

The game crashed after clearing out Monster Zoo. It was on DL7, so there were some shamans resurrecting fallen monsters. Killing a resurrected monster lowers the MZ counter again (which is buggy itself), so in the end the number of actual living monsters exceeded the MZ counter. I've multikilled all remaining monsters with noxious brimstone flask and then the game crashed. I suppose it happened because of counter going negative or for some similar reason.

14. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

Strange, when this happens and you clear the original number of monsters of the Zoo you receive the item. The rest of the monsters continue there if you want to kill them.

Maybe could be someting with the AoE skill, dut I dunno.

15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you upload this save?

16. Izowiuz

Izowiuz Member

Sure, here it is. Just fire it up, speed up the animations and click on any monster.

Attached Files:

17. As noted, that's a known bug (and from before CotW) - it's the same way with vending machines you try to steal from. If you have a full inventory, the item vanishes.

What's also annoying is that the items you steal from Brax, unlike those from the vending machines, do not come out of his inventory.

But these bugs are pretty low on the totem pole for fixing (and rightfully so). :)

18. Kror

Kror Member

To me, items from vending machines drop to my feet if my inventory is full Oo

Archos likes this.
  19. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

On the hotfix test 3, whenever you re-load a save and enter the pocket dimension, the titleset and player are completely black. You can still see the gui and such, but it's like someone just turned all the lights off.

20. Kror

Kror Member

Can we get a message on that? It really seems a bit weird