The Compleat Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Mar 26, 2012.

1. RagnorakTres

RagnorakTres Member

Aye, no change in error message or result of quickfix. I should really pay more attention, the skill rebalance you wrote would hardly conflict with your own mod. >< (That's a great mod, by the way, makes the game significantly less cheap and has let me play around with other builds than my standard crafty/shooty rogue)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thanks. :) That error message should have gone away without Faxpax active, because it's a message that's looking for an art asset from RotDG. (whatever0000.png is from Emomancy.) if it's still happening, try actually deleting (or just moving) FaxPax entirely from your mods folder and see if that helps.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

FaxPax doesn't use that sprite anim. Are you running any other mods?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. RagnorakTres

RagnorakTres Member

No joy. I'm gonna try redownloading the archive and starting afresh, I'll edit when I have more info.

EDIT to Fax: Just the More Grilled Cheese and Skill Rebalance.

INFOEDIT: Still getting the error, even after a red/l and unzip.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

For the record, everyone, I've verified that the reason Arcane Concescration isn't working ATM is that foodBuff and boozeBuff don't work when called inside <buff> tags. Fax and I are working on getting that fixed with the next update.
    :)

Eyes of the Elders should be working, but it is very difficult to get it to trigger. You have to kill a creature that it doesn't look like you should be able to kill with your next spell, using the bonus damage from Eyes of the Elders to inflict the killing blow. Then it should trigger.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. RagnorakTres

RagnorakTres Member

Hell with it, I bought the DLC. Here goes nothing.

NINJEDIT: Fixed it.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I think Vile Archmagic uses that rune for one of its abilities, actually. You sure it's fax?

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  8. Essence

OMFG, Kaidelong, you're right! Wow, I feel a dumbass. Adding it to the pack and repacking. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Turning Kuji-Kiri into a buff seems to have broken it. Perhaps thrown weapons can't be buffed from a buff?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Essence

Yeah, Nicholas apparently didn't get any of the new triggers (thrownBuff, counterBuff, foodBuff, etc.) working from inside <buff> tags in time for the 1.0.10 release, meaning that a few elements of this mod and a few others (Zodiac in particular) are currently "pending"; they've been coded and should work, but just don't yet.

I have good reason to believe this will be fixed in the next two weeks, so please just be patient with us. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Ninpo seems to outright crash the game. This known to you?

PS: I'm fine with the ninjato now. Nerfing it did help after all. It no longer feels like it's a huge loss not to get one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I'm getting a couple of errors, I don't have RotDG expansion. The 2 errors are as follows:

File named skills/whatever32.png not found. The game will probably crash!

and:

Couldn't load PNG file skills/whatever32.png. The game will now crash.

So I guess there is still something in there that needs RotDG. Let me know if you try again and I will try it again. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Scroll up. This is Emomancy stuff from RotDG. It is a known problem that will be fixed soon. Check back in a day or two for a new version. Alternatively, if one is not provided, I will attach the images so you can add them and fix it yourself.

*Edit* Actually, it looks like Essence has already fixed it. Try redownloading it and let us know if this or any other problem persists.

14. Zook

Zook Member

was just wondering if we still need to do this:

FUNCTIONAL ISSUES:
    1) Without manTemplateDB being editable, the Warlock skill "Massive Attack" doesn't currently do anything, and the QiGong skill "Spirit Bomb" is very weak. You can fix that by opening up the TemplateDB in Essential DoD I and Essential DoD II and copying Template 600 (from DoD I) and 601 (from DoDII) into your game's natural TemplateDB file.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Essence

Nope. The manTemplateDB is now editable, and even more importantly, Warlockery has been completely redone and Massive Attack no longer exists in the first place. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Zook

Zook Member

alrighty, that's definitely useful info. thanks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Essence

Also, as of now, Ninpo is (kind of) fixed. There's a problem with requirebuff that forced me to make it a tiny bit weaker (it has a timer now, so you can't keep it going indefinitely with a long string of booze), but it's still 20 turns of +25 crit, crazy kuji-kiri effects on-hit, and invisibility after every attack. It might still be OP. :) Enjoy!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Nope, downloaded it from the first post again and still got the error. Thanks for looking anyway. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Alright. Here are the two files it may need. I hope you can just add them to the zip and run with it. But if not then Essence will probably have to figure it out.
    whatever32.png whatever64.png

To save debugging time, put these two in both the /skills/ directory and the /mods/ directory. That should make them available however they are referenced. If that fails, let us know and we will see what we can do.

(If it fails, I will install a sandboxed version of DoD without RotDG and see what it needs.)

*Edit* It is fixed. These should not be needed by anyone ever again.

20. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I copied them to just the skills directory. I was testing to see which way they would work. The game loaded up and let me start a character. So it seems that it works fine if I have those 2 files. Thanks a lot. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.