Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by marsgreekgod, Aug 25, 2011.
i am now very happy. I must go find tons of BUGS and help the team SLAY them.
Yeah, I just got my email too. Now to test those builds that I couldn't before (like a crossbowman).
is there a list of balance changes? I know there is a list for bugs, but what about patch changes just in general?
The Laundry Day blog post should include everything.
Some stuff from Laundry Day didn't get in; we put it on a list, but that list didn't totally get worked through. I think there is a more recent patch status update.
It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!
Since this is the beta thread: does Radiant Aura crash the game for anyone else?
Edit: Nevermind, this is reported. The bugsheet now has a sheet for beta bugs.
Edit #2: Found a fix - add <code>smallicon="skills/spells/radiant_aura32.png"</code> to the <code><buff></code> tag in Radiant Aura's spell definition.
You rock, J-Factor ^^.
Honestly. Kinda sad there is no crashing yet. at least for me
Is there a list that shows what's in the current beta patch?
No list I know of. No big changes so far, but a lot of little things/bug fixes.
There are some bug fixes, some tweaks, and a couple new features that are... totally bugged. Like catastrophic bugs.
But here are some nifty things that people might like:
- A 'digest' button. Don't want to press spacebar 20+ times to finish eating that sandwich? Well, just press the handy dandy digest button.
- New rooms! This includes libraries and labs. Expect to find more powders around!
- New recipes. This includes new weapons, new bows, throwing weapons, and even one to make chalk!
- New traps. This includes a bling trap, and an easy target curse trap.
- Warriors now get 4hp per level. Wizards get 2.
- Skills that give stats now actually do.
- Dual wielding now works as intended. No more losing stats.
- No more dragging items out of the shop without Brax noticing (you can still kick them, though...)
- Minimap icons for anvils and statues.
- Items now stack properly and stacks can be broken.
- The Horadric Lutefisk Cube now makes lutefisk 1:1.
- Speaking of lutefisk... I'm not going to spoil it for you!
Thanks fishofmuu, sounds really awesome and some highly needed stuff there great job gaslamp
OMG! Why won't you release this patch tomorrow as planed, eh? eh?
Well I don't care how long it takes as long as it's good, polished and bug free.
But please, hurry up
More? Can do!
There was a long discussion with one of the devs last night. SOME of the ore to ingot recipes in the beta were scaled, and some weren't. I was confused as to which were right. Long story short:
- Crafting tweaked here and there including NONscaling ingot recipes! No more waiting until slvl 5 to start crafting!
- As for not spoiling that lutefisk thing? Don't click this: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9734/fisk.png
- Easy target curse: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4876/easytarget.png
- Heavy armor is now more viable on lower levels: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/648/heavyarmor.png
- Minimap icons anyone? http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8353/minimapx.png
I'm tired and hungry... I'll do more teasers later.
Nice! I can't wait for this update. Looks like it will be amazing. Hope it's released to the public soon.
Thanks fishofmuu! This update is gonna be so epic.
I also hope This Translation is Wrong is not super-ultra-mega nerfed to be useless.
Anybody know what the new horrible curse of being lost in your own museum means? If it's too extreme, well, they broke the use of the skill, and I will be forced to summon the Golgotha demon.
Separate names with a comma.