Swashbucklers Mod: More stuff for pirates!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

version 1.0 released to the public.

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Anyone who downloaded in the first half hour might want to redownload. It was unclear whether or not the last change was automatically updated to the dropbox, so I manually updated it a few minutes after Ruigi posted the link. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8238260/Swashbucklers.zip is now correct and up-to-date.

Also, we missed mentioning one small part of the mod on our Features list:
    TALK LIKE A PIRATE: New pirate-themed insults, phonemes, statues and words. We keel-hauled the Queen's English, then sent it down to Davy Jone's locker. Thy diggles be cursing like twopenny swivel-tongued dogs of the sea.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

Mod acquired. Gentlemen, let's get boned in new and interesting ways.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Megaron

Megaron Member

Dammit. Having this mod active crashes me when I press New Game. Do you require a list of the mods I'm using or?
    EDIT: Sometimes even on startup.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Start with the expansions you have, from there we can get to mods.

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. Megaron

Megaron Member

Realm of the Diggle Gods, You Have To Name The Expansion Pack and Conquest of the Wizardlands.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Ruigi

Are you sure it's the mod? Have you tried running dredmor with the -nukesteamcloud parameter?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then because of mods it is. I recommend disabling all mods and then enabling them a few at a time, and if the game doesn't want to load then, try enabling every mod from the particular batch by one instead of all of them together. That should tell you which mod is doing it.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Megaron

Megaron Member

I'm pretty sure it's the mod. I've tried disabling it multiple times, and from there it works perfectly, but once I switch it on, that's when things go haywire.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Ruigi

If you're running a bunch of skill mods or mods that mess with mantemplatedb.xml it's possible that there could be conflicts. load swashbucklers and then load mods in order until you locate the one that's causing the crash.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Megaron

Megaron Member

I just painstakingly took a look through the template db thingy in every mod I have, workshop or otherwise--no cnotradictions. I'll check each mod individually when I'm less pissed off (unrelated reasons), but for the record, I have loaded:
    -Moonwalker
    -Sweet, Sweet Swag
    -Extra Potions
    -Interior Dredmorating
    -FaxPax
    -War Weaver
    -Grave Digger
    -Radiant Wizard
    -Jay's Mega Phoneme Mod
    -Compleat Essential Skills
    -Druid Magic

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Ruigi

have you tried turning off all your other mods except for swashbucklers, and then testing each one individually until you find the crash?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Megaron

Megaron Member

that's what I said I would do when I'm a bit less moody

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Have not played it yet, just want to confirm that the mod works fine. Loads and takes me into game without crashing, and I see the new crafting formulas. Running with no other mods.

Tried also with running this mod with Interior Dredmorating, works fine. Also with Roguish Renovations, and MoreDred. No crashing. When I run them all at once, it crashes, but it did that for me even without this mod.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Anyone found an item set yet? Got down to level 7 so far and didn't see one. Playing on NTTG tho, so that might be why I'm not lucky with that. Other than that, loving the new stuff (although I will need to play something with more crafting..)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

If somebody gives me a known set of mods that causes crashes, together, I'll take a look - but that shouldn't be happening. I didn't really expect people to try to play Dredmor with ALL 200 MODS AT ONCE, you know.

What do people think of the mod otherwise?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Warlock

Warlock Member

nikles pls, inclood mod in YHTNTEP 2. :)

That sums up what I feel about it. Would anyone ever think of making a people soup version of DoD mods? (AKA: The kitchen sink mod.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it's good.

And well, I did expect people to play with as many mods as they can, because some people have some sort of... syndrome... concerning that, but the question was "when" it would happen. And I learned that lesson after my episode with Minecraft, where there were blockheads complaining that we are made of crap because our mods don't want to work together and nobody notified them while there were clear warnings that "this mod does not work with this and/or that because of whatever reason". Human stupidity can be astounding sometimes, really.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Warlock

Warlock Member