Super Retro Squad (not mine!)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by AvzinElkein, Jun 22, 2012.

1. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kickstarters aren't against the rules or anything, but try to phrase things less like soliciting (even if it's not yours.) like, give a summary of the game or something instead of just telling people to donate.

3. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

...Yeah, I suck at giving summaries, sorry. :(

4. Cerbius

Cerbius Member

I'll try my best to summarize.

Basically, the game the fellow in the video, Jay Pavlina, created was called Super Mario Bros. Crossover, which took classic NES and SNES era characters like Mario and Luigi, MegaMan, Samus and so forth, and put them all in a game where they could be swapped in game mid level. Since all the characters played differently, it made for a fresh new way to traverse the level and varried gameplay.

However, since all the intellectual properties he was using to base his game off of weren't his (characters, music, etc), he couldn't actually distribute the game or make any money off of it.

So he's assembled a team of devs to help make an original game, complete with characters, and musical score, so that he can legally release the game.

The video gives you all the information you need to really get an idea of what he hopes to do in the short and long term sense of the Kickstarter.

Personally, I played the original browser version of the game a year or so ago, and it was actually fun. Playing as Samus with all her abilities rushing through the levels from the original Super Mario Bros. was actually pretty fun, so it'll be interesting to see where he takes the project.

OmniNegro and Daynab like this.
  5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah I remember that game. Cool.