Sudden death w/ CotW

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Loerwyn, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Thought I'd ask here as it happened in a game with CotW installed.

Monster Zoo, level... 5, doing really well, still at 100+ health (or close enough), all of a sudden I go SPLAT to -16/21. Death message says "Killed by losing all of her health" (one I've never seen before).

Um... is there anything in this game at all that can do something like that?

2. Warlock

Warlock Member

....?

That's a new one on me, the only thing I can think of doing that are murderous rutabagas or your own spell mines which ended up killing you. Wait, you could have also stepped into a trap hidden by corpses from the zoo. That's all I can think of. Some traps scale to magic power and HURT if you have too much of it when you step on one.

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

No, no traps. There were those Rutabagas around but I'm not sure if I was in combat with one or not. I do know, however, that those Phlegmatic Whateverthingys do a lot of damage to me.

4. Penguins

Penguins Member

I've definitely experienced this. There is some discussion in the bug forums asking if this is a bug although we don't know yet. Seems like the crazy high debuff amount has to be unintended.

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yeah. It's a freak occurrence, but I'm sure it's happened before.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

Phlegmatic Animations do a lot of damage to everyone. If a rutabaga was around, you must definitely have gotten charged by one and splatted due to the debuff.

7. shaken

shaken Member

8. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

Yep, it's happened to me too. Right before I died I saw that I had something like 20 stacks of food poisoning at minimum.

9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

This happened to me too. On a Warrior character named Gary Johnson with Communism, Polearms, Smithing, Perception, and i forget the other 3 skills. I do know that I had General winter aoe active(with ushanka equipped) and Vanguard Party buff active.

Edit: It was on a floor 5 monster zoo. I went from 50 health to zero in one turn. I don't know if it was a rutabaga or not, and didn't pay attention to a food poisoning debuff if there was one.

10. DMT

DMT Member

Yup, I experienced the same thing. I assumed it was a bug since nothing had even been hurting me till I suddenly died.

There must be a bug with the food poison stacks. I think one charge hit me with about 20 stacks and it's quite a nasty debuff.

11. dissection

dissection Member

And i am proud that i killed the whole level 2 zoo a few minutes ago...

I will never finish this game i fear. How many of actually managed to do it? Steam achievements tell me something about around 3 percent of all players. That is almost as low as the percentage that has finished Spacechem. (For those not knowing it: Check it out. Finish it and you are a true brain ;D )

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I've beaten Dredmor on GRPD at least twice before RotDG, and only once after RotDG. Lately I've been trying to get death and skill achievements, so a run intended to kill dredmor might come later. I don't have the save file in which i beat dredmor, due to older save incompatibilities and my hard drive fried a few months ago.

13. dissection

dissection Member

Savegame?? Whats that? ;D

Do you keep it when you defeat Dredmor? Or do you play without permadeath? That counts as cheating for me =P

14. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I always play With permadeath, and I try to keep the saves after defeating dredmor. Unfortunately, Patches and DLC say otherwise.

Edit: I'd rather Play Dwarvish Moderation WITH Permadeath On than Going rogue with Permadeath off.