Stopping Farm Production?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Jacq, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Jacq

Jacq Member

I have a colony of around 30 colonists, bumping along nicely in the name of Queen and Country. I have five farms to keep my people in food and booze.

Then, tragically, a huge influx of cult activity causes me to purge my streets and deliver frontier justice to 7 of them. A badly timed fishperson attack causes me to lose many more. Within a few days, I'm down to just 14 colonists.

While building my population back up with immigrants, my people do nothing but farm. Sure, they are assigned to workshops. But how can one refine ore or make planks if the plebs are too busy tilling the soil to go back rocks or chop trees? It's an impressive food production engine, for sure, but it gets a little boring waiting for enough people to show up to start being able to do other things again.

TLDR; Please give me a way to destroy farms, or set them as fallow, or something.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I consider this an improvement over "everybody stops working forever", though.

Jacq likes this.
  3. Jacq

Jacq Member

Oh definitely! I whinge because I'm enjoying myself.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

OC-1807 ! And I think we have infrastructure to do this cleanly and properly now and I've just been looking for my ticket with the syntax to do so...

xragon and Jacq like this.