Steam Knight Manufactory won't manufacture Steam Knights

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dennis B. Hansen, Jan 7, 2017.

1. The Steam Knight Forge will not manufacture Steam Knights MK-1 (I don't know about the Prototype Steam Knight - haven't tried that one).

When the overseer loads ingredients into the forge, the ingredients simply disappears and no Steam Knight is produced.

2. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

I think you can fix this by changing line 6989 in workshop_jobs.xml from
    Code:
    <spawn_steam_knight name="MK-1 Steam Knight"/>
    to
    <spawn_steam_knight name="MK1 Steam Knight"/>

Samut likes this.
  3. Nope - it didn't solve the problem.
    The ingredients still just disappear.

4. Naffarin

Do you have any errors in your console logfile ?

5. I have got quite a lot of ScriptErrors; but if I search on "Steam Knight" I find the following:

[MISC] Hattie Robinton: Workshop attempting to fulfill: Make Steam Knight MK-1 (1)
    [TestInterrupts] Hattie Robinton: Job Make Steam Knight MK-1 failed requirement require_character_on_shift
    [MISC] WARNING: Got a message isModuleComplete on a deleted object - ignoring

and later, when I tried a second time:

[MISC] Hattie Robinton: Workshop attempting to fulfill: Make Steam Knight MK-1 (1)
    [TestInterrupts] Hattie Robinton: Job Make Steam Knight MK-1 failed requirement require_multiple_gameobjects
    [MISC] WARNING: Got a message getItemFilter on a deleted object - ignoring
    [MISC] WARNING: Got a message GetItemParentRequest on a deleted object - ignoring
    [MISC] WARNING: Got a message GetItemParentRequest on a deleted object - ignoring

Is this of any good?

6. Naffarin

Well the line [TestInterrupts] Hattie Robinton: Job Make Steam Knight MK-1 failed requirement require_multiple_gameobjects is the important one...it says that you are missing ingredients. so te creation is stopped.
    If possible try to load a save where you are certain that the needed ingredients are available.
    if the job executes well until spawning a steam knight you should see a messsage like attempting to attach steamknight to nco in the console log. If this fails to appear something interrupts the job before it is finally executed,

7. > if the job executes well until spawning a steam knight

That is exactly the point – no steam knight spawns.
    Although all the ingredients are available, the manufacturing stops. The overseer loads the first one or two ingredients into the Steam Knight Forge, where after the Overseer stops the manufacturing.

8. Naffarin

Could you post your console logfile ... maybe it contains some more hints about why the job is aborted.
    A save file would be helpful, too

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  9. I'm afraid the console logfile has gone.
    The save game is attache - the total size is 26Mbytes which exceeds the upload-limit. I therefor had to split the zip-file into two. Hope it is ok.
    The file is saved approx. 10 seconds before the first ingredient is loaded into the Steam Knight forge by Overseer Hattie Robinton.

Attached Files:

10. Naffarin

Like i thought they fucked up with the naming just at one more place
    Change the file ...\steamapps\common\Clockwork Empires\scripts\entity\vehicle.edb in line 34 from
    Code:
    name = "SK-1 Steam Knight",
    to
    name = "MK-1 Steam Knight",

and your steam knight should appear.
    You can also revert the change in workshop_jobs.xml

Dennis B. Hansen and Samut like this.
  11. You are right. I used MK-1 Steam Knight in both workshop_jobs.xml and vehicle.edb, and this time it worked.

Naffarin - Thanks a lot for your patience and your effort.
    Can't wait for some bandits to show up.

12. Naffarin

I congratulate on creating a mk1 steam knight ... i must admit i didn't have the endurance to produce enough materials to get one...So i am glad to help