Linux 64-bit (Steam) Crash after casting Tenebrous Rift into a monster zoo

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by angryoptimist, Sep 28, 2013.

1. angryoptimist

angryoptimist Member

I've come upon a crash which I believe is reproducible. I'm using what appears to be the lasted version of Dungeons of Dredmor available to me, which reports it is version 1.1.3 at the title screen. I've got You Have To Name The Expansion Pack installed, but not Conquest of the Wizardlands or Realm of the Diggle Gods. I am using an AMD video card with AMD's proprietary driver (version 13.8 of the dreaded fglrx).

Steps to reproduce the crash:
    1. Start Dungeons of Dredmor in windowed mode
    2. Open the door to the monster room
    3. Cast Tenebrous Rift into the room
    4. Stay in place, defending or going to the next turn until a crash occurs
    Crash occurs in about 2-3 turns--that's a rough estimate, because I wasn't really keeping track, but it seemed pretty quick. I've attached the save where this was occurring, on which the game crashed %100 of the time when using these steps. I've situated the player character right next to the doors of a monster zoo for the convenience of reproducing the crash. I've generally had a real problem with crashing and such with this version, but this is the first one where I've really been able to point to anything as a cause or a trigger. Turning off/on the Steam overlay had no effect; changing the resolution/scaling likewise did not prevent the crash.

Strangely, starting the game in fullscreen at the native resolution of my monitor did allow me to follow these steps and then complete the monster zoo without crashing. I've only done this the once, but the crash was extremely reliable and it failed to crash the first time I attempted to reproduce it in fullscreen--it seems likely that the crash might not occur at all in fullscreen mode. I don't know if the presence of CotW or RotDG affect whether or not the crash occurs--I do have those expansions on Desura, but the Desura version of Dredmor (1.1.2; also 64-bit Linux) is different from the Steam version and crashes on attempting to load the save.

Attached Files:

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

The game completely flips out on me if I alt-tab in and out when I am not using my native resolution, so it's highly likely the problem is situated in those regions. Intensive stuff and non-native resolutions, I mean.