Steam Autumn Sale

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Welcome to Poland, the country of crazy and, need I mention, crazy.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Don't CDProjekt have a fairly big stake in Polish games? I was under the impression they're one of the biggest distributors over there.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  3. omeg

omeg Member

Yeah, they were pretty much the first big distributor and are still the biggest. They are backing off a little though with more focus on development now. Also they own GOG.

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Which is a distribution platform ;)

Funny how they made two of the best PC RPGs in recent years (Witcher 1+2) with CDProjekt RED, but their Saints Row 2 PC port is one of the shittest I've ever encountered :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. omeg

omeg Member

Interesting, didn't know they did that port. I suppose they learned a bit since then! ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually Saints Row 2 is a perfect game so long as you use a non-steam copy to run it. I have never tried the Steam version, but the retail with a few modded files to work without Steam is flawless. Well, not exactly flawless, there are some crashes occasionally, but it runs fine for me. I played it beginning to end earlier this year. (As I did sometime last year too.)

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I don't think there are many non-Steam copies. From what I remember and from what I can gleam from a quick Google, all legit copies require Steam.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Exactly. I used a method you likely already suspect, but the forum does not like us discussing this since it always starts arguments.

I still retain all that is required to play it without merging it into my Steam account. PM me if this is not clear enough. No sense getting the thread closed. :D

9. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Wish came partially true. 50% off, to 10 euros!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I use Steam to get the big AAA titles mostly for cheap. The indie's I tend to get in bundles and use the Steam keys to also get them on Steam. I rarely purchase an indie through Steam but it is nice to get a key with it because Steam tends to keep stuff updated better than the bundle sites. By the way, I purchased DoD on Steam because it was a 75% off sale and it looked good to me and I missed the one bundle that I had seen it as part of.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I buy indies from GOG if I can, at least eventually.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

That's odd because I have exactly the opposite point of view. I thought that F:NV was the worst of an otherwise great franchise -- I just had no desire to complete the game. I've said it before in more detail, so let's just leave it at that. I know others like it. That's fine.

On the other hand, I love Skyrim... I just love skyrim. I won't argue that it's the best of the ES games -- Oblivion was certainly prettier as far as the color is concerned. And Morrowind had a deeper story and characters, fwiw (I won't rehash that either). But still, I did find it a real joy to spend time in, and explore and discover new things in Skyrim.

13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Grabbed Galaxy on Fire 2 from greenmangaming at 75% off, $4.99 last night(the extra 25% off code refused to work however).
    On today's steam sale I can recommend Orcs Must Die 2 at 75% off, that's a steal, I grabbed it on the earlier autumn sale at 50% off personally. It would be nice having more people to play the co-op with.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Oh man, Arkham city 75% off. Bought it, asylum was an amazing game.

LionsDen and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I'm thinking about it. I have issues with DC Comics, though, and I'm not entirely sure I want it. But then again I was the same with Asylum and I rather enjoyed it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Aegho

Aegho Member

One acronym: GFWL.
    Thus I avoid it like the plague.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, I had to get it too as I really liked Arkham Asylum. I'm hoping that this is just as well.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

if Kings Bounty games dont go down to 75% im gonna rage,they are old and unpopular but they appeal to old dinosaurs like me -.-

tempted to get Civ 5,but it still looks buggy and the DLC is ridiculous,ill wait a while for the FOR REALZ complete version.

if nothing else happens ill just get OMD2,that one is a no brainer.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Except they're neither? And I think you may have just missed King's Bounty Platinum on GamersGate, which is The Legend, Armored Princess and Crossworlds.

It's also likely going to be cheaper and easier for you to import the retail budget collection from the UK.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Alistaire

Alistaire Member