Windows XP Some Art is Horribly Broken

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by xpancakes11x, Mar 13, 2012.

1. xpancakes11x

xpancakes11x Member

I just got this error message and haven't seen a message about it. I am playing the newest version (1.0.10 I think it is) so I will also say something in that "Leave feedback" thread. I had just started the game up and at the "...unfortunately you are this hero" screen but after clicking to go into the game this message appeared and I had to shut down. This is not the first time this has happened. The other time it was after the game had fully loaded and was after drinking a potion (Can't remember which one).

I use the Steam version and just switched out the files in the steam folder with the 1.0.10 and it works fine for the most part.(On a side note anyone know if/when steam will get an update to 1.0.10)

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and love the game.

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is quite strange, you seem to be the only one to experience this. I'd suggest, just to make sure it's not your installation somehow, to do the "verify file integrity" thing from steam. Right click the game in the library, properties, and it's there.

It will redownload the files that are different from the files you have, or any corrupt files. Then try copying RC5 over again. (or wait for RC6 which should be soon afaik).

xpancakes11x likes this.
  3. xpancakes11x

xpancakes11x Member

Thanks for the assistance. I did the "Verify file integrity" and it re-downloaded the files that were missing/corrupt and put me back to 1.0.9. I think I'll stay with that until RC6 is released.

4. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Unless the image files in RC5 are completely renamed, that's a mod-related bug. There is no staff_1.png in the main game, but that file can be found in the FaxPack.

xpancakes11x and Daynab like this.
  5. xpancakes11x

xpancakes11x Member

I do use quite a few mods while playing so it wouldn't surprise me...but if that's the case there is no way to know which mod it is would there?

6. Daynab

I'm going to guess it's the Encyclopedia Magicka part of the FaxPack, since that's the only item mod.

7. xpancakes11x

xpancakes11x Member

Ok. I will miss those items but I'll delete it. (Or just not use it anymore) Sounds like it will work better that way.

8. Daynab

I'm sure he'll release a compatible version when 1.0.10 is out.

9. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Got the same error. Went into FaxPax's itemDB and commented out the item "Broom of Sweeping". Error went away. Alerted Fax.