So about that new crafting dimension - Anyone Alpha Players on?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It shows normal stats, and you just have to remember what gets random bonuses. Which isn't that hard.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

What technically would be the normal stats on a Emerald Amulet?

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It has none. Same for the Sapphire and Ruby amulets. They're one of the rare items to not have any, I believe they have boosted artifact levels so that once they are enchanted (or crafted) they have more stats than normal items.

4. Glazed

Glazed Member

Interestingly, it rolls the item and shows you random stats. Each time you mouse-over a different item then back to the random one it shows new stats. This gives you a good idea of what you might get.

randomCrafting.png

Daynab likes this.
  5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if what you craft is what you see?

6. Glazed

Glazed Member

If my Smithing were high enough, I'd try it, but I doubt it.

7. Warlock

Warlock Member

If that happens to be true, and if it is chosen from a small pool of 4-5 random crafts every time you craft it, that might really be of use for the kind of thing people need on a given floor.

8. Glazed

Glazed Member

I'm not sure what you mean. If what happens to be true? Do you mean what Daynab said?

It definitely does not chose from a small pool of random versions. It's completely random every time you mouse-over it.

9. Wootah

Wootah Member

But whatever is shown is also completely irrelevant to the end product, right?
    Because early game I would MUCH rather have :armor_asorb: and :trap_level: than :resist_voltaic: and :haywire: