So about that new crafting dimension - Anyone Alpha Players on?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

Exactly how does the crafting dimension work for the conquest of wizardlands?
    I would LOVE a place to dump all my crafting goods that I could go to, almost any time. But to be able to just wisk yourself away to there would be game breaking as an escape mechanism if it was instant, or even delayed. Go there, heal, get mana/life, come back out.... Etc.

Also Are there any more skill slots or a second bar?

2. Warlock

Warlock Member

30 turn time delay once the escape is triggered. Cooldowns which you have currently active are not reset. I believe you can still use consumables with *instant* effect rather than HoT, so any healing potions would be usable I think. Just not the regen ones. You can dump whatever you want in there and access the wizardlands from the portal, or just get back to your current dungeon floor location. I don't think we'll get any additional skills beyond our base seven, but I suggested that overleveling can permit us an 8th random skill, just for those who want it. Don't think it'll make it in though, but it's worth a try if someone wants to mod it. Don't think that the skill hotbar will be changed though. We are getting a lot of new expansion skill trees. All of this is got from the blog post.

EDIT: You'll definitely have to wait 30 turns after you return from the crafting dimension before you can reuse it. The time freeze also means that regeneration will not work.

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can't use item of any kind, cast spells of any kind, regen health or mana, have active effects on you tick (eg healing over time won't continue until you leave, buffs won't count down). Cooldowns don't tick down either. You *can* enter wizard realms from there in which everything starts working again, so you really have to take your chances as an escape. There is a cooldown of 30 turns on using the box.

And Warlock who are you and where did you hear this from?

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

I just thought I'd reply to the post since it was there. I sort of read through the expansion features and came up with some of this, and might have forgot that you couldn't use consumables, plus a few other details.

I think some other details were revealed by the devs and other alpha testers in the discussion thread. I assume "Will mod for digglebucks" is a tester title? And no, I did not somehow gain access to any alpha builds.

Also, just for the record: it was Essence giving away some of the details.

5. Null

Will Mod for Digglebucks is the expansion 2 modder title.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

As they said, you cannot heal once you enter so really it wouldn't be much of an escape since you're forced to go back out (or go to the aforementioned wizardlands which might kill you)

7. Warlock

Warlock Member

Thanks for clearing it up. for the record, I'm just glad there were no misunderstandings between us. I've just signed up on the community three days ago, two days after I bought the game.

@Daynab, do they completely reset everytime you enter each of them, or will they stay cleared? If the former, it makes things very nice because of more :dmg_conflagratory:.

8. Null

They reset when you reenter them.

9. Wootah

Wootah Member

Wow thanks for all the info. It sounds amazing and enough to make me want the expansion.
    But even if you consumables don't count down, and you don't heal, it sounds like you could still stack things like Lobstermane x3 and grunge ear X 3 and get the stat boost before stepping out again.

10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Cool, that would be like infinite experience and items then. :)

11. Null

Wootah you couldn't even eat those in the box.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

What's Conquest of Wizardlands? And what does this have to do with Dredmor.
    I'm really confused here.
    Did they already announce another expansion?
    OR are we brainstorming ideas about additional crafting dimensions?
    I'm not sure what's going on here.

13. Null

Go look at the blog.

14. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

OKay. I did just now.
    Boy, they're making these expansions so fast it's almost impossible to keep up.

I do like the idea of an additional dimension for storing things. All these things are confusing.
    I'm going to have to go get a degree in Quantum Physics soon just to figure this game out. Oye. :(

So, it's called a crafting dimension, even though it will just be used to store things?

15. Null

And craft, you can craft there. That and it stores a large number of other dimensions, each at a point in time before you enter, even after you leave.

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

There's no difference in crafting there and crafting in the dungeon, though, right?
    I'm so confused, and that blog post didn't help much, especially with what people above said.

New expansion is going to be nice. Even though I may be 60 years old before I get to Dredmor again. Oye.
    This just was announced today, right?

17. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

http://community.gaslampgames.com/t...quest-of-the-wizarlands-expansion.3683/unread

The pocket dimension is a room you can go at any time (though there's a 30 turn cooldown) to drop items, craft etc. Time stops so you can't heal or anything.

You can also go into the wizard levels from there.

Aaaand you can decorate it with stuff you find in the dungeon.

18. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

As in we can decorate it by dropping a sword on the ground...or as in there will be items that exist with the sole purpose of being decoration? If it is the latter, man, I am gana be hunting those SOOOOO hardcore...I WILL HAVE THE PRETTIEST CRAFTING ROOM EVA!!!!

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Okay. Cool.
    I assume the Wizard levels are like the Mystery Portals in terms of difficulty? Or based on the level?

20. Null

Sadly no. You can look at the pictures to try and figure it out though.

Wizard levels' difficulty is based on the level.