Windows XP Slowdowns and crashes on lower floors

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Serge, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Serge

Serge Member

Hi,
    the game used to run flawlessly on my system but when i reached floor 7, problems started to occur. On this level, it looks like too much things are happening (on-screen: i encounter a lot of monsters and off-screen: i hear monsters stepping on traps a lot) for my computer: the game lags badly (and this is more likely to happen when i consume turns quickly with the "rest" command) and becomes unplayable (also, saves are taking longer to load),

My computer is obsolete but I thought it would be sufficient.Here are my specs:
    Windows XP SP3
    Athlon X2 3800+
    2GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6670

Thanks for any help.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The saves taking ages to load is a known issue I need to fix. It sounds like the amount of system memory is the issue; Dredmor doesn't necessarily handle memory changes switching levels as well as it should do. CPU-wise, you're fine.

I have some new code in the works that will make the save issue better, and will also address (at the same time, thank goodness) the memory issue. (We have to do this for the iPad work.) It's not getting rolled into Tuesday's patch, but it's on the way. Thanks for hanging in there.