Skill movement

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by TheFoeHammer, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TheFoeHammer

TheFoeHammer Member

I believe that Deadshot should be moved to a rouge skill, smithing should be moved to a warrior skill, vamp should be moved to rouge skill, and alchemy should be a wizard skill.

Any thoughts?

2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

I prefer my skills to all be the same color.

* Sorry. Not relevant. It just really bothers me when people misspell 'rogue', especially in a discussion about a roguelike game.

3. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

@LonePaladin It's so common, I don't even notice it anymore. My brother used to play a rogue in WoW, and he'd open boxes for free for any random person who spelled it correctly... he only opened like two boxes for free ever.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Except that it does make sense that Smithing should be a warrior skill, Deadshot should be a Rogue skill, and Alchemy should be wizardly.

5. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Alchemy also makes sense as a rogue skill. You use it to make poisons, after all, right? I can see it going either way.

Doesn't Deadshot also modify melee attacks? I noticed bleeding wounds when I used a melee weapon with my archer. It feels more like a warrior skill to me, in either case.

As for smithing, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it being a rogue skill. I know it modifies trap affinity, but the only reasoning I can come up with is that rogues are cunning and dexterous, and so might be more inclined to manufacturing their own materials? *shrug*

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yeah, I didn't think of poisons. I never used Alchemy, so, heh.

7. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I've used it all of once. I felt it was a little bit underpowered. But that was my first character, which also had smithing (I had NO inventory space left), so I'm sure it has some uses. I might try it again later. Maybe take it to make health pots for a warrior? Dunno.

8. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

+1 to OP's suggestion, even if I'm a bit of a grammar nazi myself. I was just thinking about this some minutes ago!

Smithing gives you burliness... PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE OF THE WARRIOR.
    Plus it's what you make heavy armor and weapons with.

Alchemy gives you sagacity... PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE OF THE WIZARD.
    Plus it's what you make most of the staves with!

Tinkering being rogue archetype, makes perfect sense, it's almost all about traps, throwing weapons and bolts, with some exceptions.

I think that vampirism should be a rogue skill too, since it works best with a not-much-armoured warrior, but isn't straight magic either...