[SKILL] Council Commando

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Kaidelong, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Here's my latest effort, it's mostly debugged EXCEPT SOMEHOW WAR MAGE BROKE RIGHT BEFORE I POSTED THIS WAARRRGARBBBL IT IS NOW FIXED, it just needs balance testing at this point, and perhaps better art and new sprites. Anyone willing to help with any of these, please do. Once I'm happy enough with the balance, I'll publish.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/odazuph7dzmi1f8/CharmedFletcher.zip

Quick write up of what the skills do:

Starting skill does nothing, it starts you with a sneaky ass crossbow

First skill point lets you hold your breath, giving some visible, and some invisible bonuses when you shoot your crossbow, including +4:dmg_piercing:. It mostly raises EDR and crit

Second skill point transmutes monsters into arrows and sends them flying for a basic AoE attack. It's an expensive spell, and it's more meant to give you access to arrows than be used as a primary damage dealer.

Third skill point lets you buff yourself with the ability to hit monsters with explosive, stunning bursts. You can overcharge this skill by repeatedly charging it to add a flame effect and increase the chance of the explosion happening.

Fourth skill point rarely drops a large XP and cash reward on killing a monster.

Fifth skill points gives bolts a powerful AoE, silencing spell mine effect.

Sixth skill point guarantees critical hits (but only for bolts) for a short period and makes bolts explode on hitting the target.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/odazuph7dzmi1f8/CharmedFletcher.zip

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    OmniaNigrum, destijl and Kazeto like this.
  2. destijl

destijl Member

Really liking the skills, they're fun and they compliment the default crossbow tree well. One thing I noticed, though, was that all your spells reference the 64 x 64 spell icons, which results in them taking up far too much room in the spell bar.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Oh dear, I didn't know it was necessary to reference the small ones separately, I always play with the big UI bar. Thanks for catching that, I'll fix it as soon as I can, but I'm visiting in laws right now for Christmas time so it might be a while.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Okay it took me a while to figure out what to change in which file, but eventually I figured out I had to
    Code:
    :%s/\(<spell.\+icon="skills\/.\+\)64.png"/\132.png"/g
    my spellDB.xml. Once I did that, I tested to make sure the small versions of the spell icons work. They do.

If I understand how dropbox works, the fixed version should be what you have available now. I reuploaded a file of the same name, so hopefully that overwrote what was there before. Tell me if this works now.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I'm so very sad, I started using cascades of triggers that work for essence's cyclical abilities just fine for War Mage and Breath Holding, and now both are broken: http://pastebin.com/kMkbgscU

Breath holding needs this to prevent the player from choking from having cast it earlier, this is to put it on mana instead of a timeout. Instead of amount="1" cascading down each turn, what instead happens is that all the damage triggers immediately.

War mage does not actually get cast on the player at all, it seems the cascade used to check if the player is already buffed is to blame.

OmniaNigrum likes this.