Should I ressurect Deadshot?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

trigger the spell " " or something to that degree from the skill tree, which has various requirebuffontriggers.

EDIT: That had a ton of spaces in there

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And I already said that. I feel ignored...

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've caught myself making the mistake of not reading what other people wrote.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. mining

mining Member

Make it
    Code:
    "                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           "
    or you'll have issues with compatibility.

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Null

Yeah it was like that originally but I didn't put it in code and it got cut down.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. mining

mining Member

Someone should make a thread where we declare the space patterns used :).

7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

There's actually no need for me to use spaces. I can just call the procs what they are, since they're not 100% procs. Right?

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, more or less. But keep in mind that they will trigger even if the buffs that give them effects aren't there, so it's going to leave players confused.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

Yeah, I'm willing to deal with that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Null

Every hit:
    Gets Armshot, Legshot and Headshot but puts no debuffs on the monster.

Seriously though use spaces you don't want to confuse people or clutter their screen unnecesarily.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  11. Essence

Huh?

Right now, the problem I'm having is that with the xBuffs in skillDB, there's no way to create the different proc percentages that I wanted to -- they'll all have to be a flat 12%, since it's only one proc that's triggering, and then that proc will filter through the buffs to determine exactly what it does. Seriously, though, I'm OK with a 12% skill proc that doesn't do anything special if you don't have the relevant buff up. That's not even an issue; only idiots won't have at least one of the buffs up at any given time regardless. So I'm OK with "Deadshot" popping up every time the proc goes off.

12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I like the idea of an assassin character which shout every time DEADSHOT even if it doesn't aim at anything.
    It's a badass skill tree, it must act as a badass.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Null

1. I'm saying if each proc has a chance you see them randomly without the buff and it does nothing but shows up.

2. You can just make a 100% proc and use percent with triggers.

14. Essence

(Probably in 1.14, but still -- DEADSHOT LIVES!)

Also, I think I'd rather see the popup and have nothing happen (because you have no buffs active, which will basically only happen after an Omniscient Strike) than see no popups and not notice when cool things happpen.

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then make it not show a pop-up and add an effect that would show somewhere and make it clear that something did trigger, that would only be shown if "something" triggered.

It's like a car alarm, Essence. If you saw a "Deadshot" pop-up every turn you would stop caring by the time you hit level 3.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

But it won't show up every turn. That's the point -- I can put the percentage in the skillDB, and the popup will only show up when the proc goes off. The only time it'll show up without doing anything is if it procs without any of the Deadshot buffs on.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

:haywire: HAYWHAAAR :haywire:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. mining

mining Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Nutshot: Deal a crippling blow to your foes' netherregions, physically and figuratively, whether they be male, female, hermaphrodite or asexual. They will feel an otherwordly pain that transcends time, space, dimensions, and even their afterlife will be in pain.

20. Essence

Interestingly, I used essentially similar flavor text in the Unarmed ability 'nerve stance'. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.