Windows Vista/7 64-bit Saves deleted when you quit the game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by LaGrange, Apr 8, 2014.

1. LaGrange

LaGrange Member

My specs:
    l Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (4 cores)
    9gb DDR3 RAM
    1gb AMD Radeon HD 5850
    Windows 7 64-bit

I've turned off Steam Cloud. The game doesn't crash for me, ever. The 15-second long autosaves are annoying, but bearable. However, I play on Going Rogue, and the game doesn't save my state when I "Save & Quit". When I quit the app and then reload it later, there are no saves to "Load". It's empty. I checked the folders in "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor". There are no saves.

To troubleshoot this, I opened the above pathname in a Windows Explorer window while playing the game. I start a new game and name my character "Dora". I explore the level a bit. Sure enough, the game creates a "Dora.dredmorsave" folder in the above path. But as soon as I quit the game via "Save & Quit", it deletes it.

I love roguelikes, and this roguelike in particular. How can I fix this so that my games can be saved and continued later?

Thanks.

2. LaGrange

LaGrange Member

OK, I solved my own problem. I use Panda Cloud Antivirus Free, and the "Data Shield" feature was preventing an unapproved app (Dungeons of Dredmor.exe) from modifying files in one of my 'protected' folders (which just happened to include the Dredmor save game file folder). As soon as I approved the app, I was able to save game files.

I will say that the extremely long pauses generated by Dredmor's 'autosave' feature have now disappeared, so that's back to normal as well. To get that I made two changes: added "-opengl" to the Steam launch options, and I ran the game in a window. I don't know which of these did the trick, however.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear it's resolved.