REVISION 40C NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclipsse

eclipsse Member

I got a crash, too. Console.txt is 19MB native, so had to zip it (or, given my internet connection speed, I would have been still uploading into the next decade (data is carried here strapped to the backs of geriatric snails)

Butchery is happening now, and foraged food is getting brought in to the storage areas, which is great.
    Still can't select colonists from the work crew menu, though.

Attached Files:

2. mrclint

mrclint Member

Crashed around day 8 (just when I found the zinc I so much wanted!).
    Console included.

Attached Files:

3. Crash whilst placing cots 40C. Win 7.

Attached Files:

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Thanks a bunch for the text files, everyone! :D This'll help a lot.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Fixed a couple of crashes. Turns out it's a good idea to delete the progress bar when you delete a character.

6. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I've often told people I was planning on writing a book on troubleshooting C/C++ code. Problem is that it would consist of the following sentence: It's a pointer problem.

Daniel likes this.
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Most of the new code I'm writing these days uses flat fixed arrays and indices. Old code is slowly being retrofitted to use this style as well. It fixes crashes! It's cache-efficient! It's amazing!

8. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Not STL containers?

9. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Just noticed that with the new UI changes an old bug has popped back up. after loading a save game, work crews don't display their assigned workshop in the work crew screen. Very bothersome, I say.

10. Blyn

Blyn Member

you guys should also upgrade to self-sealing stem bolts.

11. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Also, while I'm at it, got a script error on starting a new game using the "Scientist" load out.

Attached Files:

12. cplr

cplr Member

one order of console.txt coming right up

Attached Files:

13. 40C. Win 7. Crash. Not sure why was not selecting anything. I did just get a report of two lots of enemy forces a few seconds before.

Attached Files:

14. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had 3 errors playing so far.
    One was suddenly everyone wanted to sleap indors in aunbuildt building.
    Second, a 0 bandit raid. No bandit camps have been set up yet.
    [​IMG]
    Third, There is no sound from the game. (Had I heard it earlyer, I would have restarted to get sound back).

Playing further, It seem I also got a bugged burrial job, and a building getting stuck in construction/gather matherial.

And I had a crash. While adding to a kitchen order. console, .dmp replay and just for fun, latest autosave. ;)

Attached Files:

15. Wolg

Wolg Member

Echoing razrien, UI breakage: workshop job list scrollbars. They only seen to work correctly for mousewheel down. (Work crew list not affected).

16. razrien

razrien Member

Another day, another crash.
    (Not sure if I should be posting these here, or on the official 'crash' thread on the bugs section? Figure this way it'd be easier to tell you which version of 40 this was on)
    Big, juicy .txt file
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9heSf3emdD2X1JXdmtqYU55RHM/view?usp=sharing

I think this was the very first crash that actually made me go "Aw crap... " and feel a slight sense of loss.

Nearly everything was going perfectly.
    No bugs, glitches, graphical wierdness or anything. Everything was going perfectly.
    [With the exception of the UI scrolling oddness, though that was more of a minor annoyance]

Mines were going up, naturalists were naturalizing, jobs were finishing.

It was so nice I was actually contemplating starting my first megaproject out of boredom.
    I took a sip of coffee and turned back to the screen and.. poof.

Attached Files:

17. No idea why I crashed here.

Attached Files:

18. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

game here is from load day maybe 6 on.

soldiers and nco's did alright for the most part
    iron spawned WAY away
    Very dedicated workers decided to starve while building mines out in the distance. One died

built 2x2 stockpile near mines for food - the food was walked out there by the cooks; and 2 of the 4 stockpiles ended up with coal and a block of glass in em.

giant beetles attacked -- night fell and the bugs and soldiers both called a truce till morning :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  19. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

Suggestions:
    can you make it so that a mine building does not get used as sleeping building?
    or from a suggestion I had stated in an earlier post -- have the mineshaft be a self sustained unit that you can put "mine mineshaft" as a terrain selection -- the workers pull 6 things and consider it complete -- like a berry bush, after a bit it respawns as "available to mine"
    or this: mineshaft has a minecart that comes up with a rock in it that needs to be mined. Once mined the cart goes back in for a reload.

Bandits at the moment when confronted by soldiers all run away... FAR away. As fun as it is to chase them into the far banks of the ocean, after the 3rd time doing it, it's like sheesh here we go again. A 50/50 chance of them standing their ground to the bitter end would be welcomed.

20. Wolg

Wolg Member

Everybody sleeping in last constructed building, rather than nearest, when no beds are available is (I believe) an acknowledged bug. Workaround is to build something -- anything -- else closer to town (or supply more beds if you're the sort who believes such pioneers came to the frontier to be coddled like they were in the Capitol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.