Request: send me broken save games

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kaidelong, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Hey, if you guys have corrupted save games, please attach them here. I'm trying to write an automated backup utility, and it'd be nice to have some idea of how working saves different from corrupted ones.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Don't have any to send now, but I've noticed that one common form of save corruption is that the files inside a save's folder that apparently hold compressed copies of that game's active mods and expansions(? or something?) somehow have their contents accidentally deleted (you can tell because the file size will be listed as "0 kb"). But whatever they are If you import copies of those files from an earlier backup of the character or from another run using the same mods the save will run again.

Another issue that sometimes happens is that some png files have a sort of weird partial compatibility with DofD such that you'll be able to start and play a new game with that mod active, but not load saves of games with it on. This problem generally requires the mod file itself to be tweaked. If you run it through faststone image viewer and set it to convert images from .png back to .png it will fix the incompatible .pngs. I don't know if saves with these mods can be fixed (maybe the aforementioned mod copies in the save itself could be unzipped fixed and rezipped? or something?)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. ClawtheBard

ClawtheBard Member

Here's a couple

Attached Files: