Windows Vista/7 64-bit Random Crashing Issue

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Bearikizstan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Bearikizstan

Bearikizstan Member

I have experienced 8 random crashes over the past 2 days, and currently cannot play for more than 20 minutes without having an unexplained shutdown. I am running a completely vanilla install via Steam, I have already verified the install, and now I am just not sure what to do.

I have attached 7 of the 8 DMP files. (One of them is empty.) Hopefully someone can help me make heads or tails of this?

I did try using the windows debugger to read the DMP files myself, but I didn't have a clue what I was looking at.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look at them. Can you tell me if there's any situation it tends to happen? And also, do you have any of the expansions?

Does it happen on a different character?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  3. Bearikizstan

Bearikizstan Member

Ah, well I guess I'm not totally vanilla. I do have all the expansions, and they are installed. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happens during the save process. Autosave or manual save. I've fuddled around with it a few times and have been unable to identify any other in-game trigger. It doesn't seem to happen with another character, I made a new one and played for about an hour with no issues at all.

Thanks for checking into it, any other information you need?

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Not really, but if you could upload the save folder for the character that crashes (put it inside a zip) it would be helpful, we'll see if we can reproduce it.

5. Bearikizstan

Bearikizstan Member

Certainly! Thanks for all the help! Even if nothing really comes of it, I appreciate the effort.

Attached Files: