Questions about Cults, Despair, and Insanity

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Unforked

Unforked Member

I know some of this is meant to be mysterious, but I was hoping to get just a few clues about how these systems may work now.

Can colonists still go insane? Even when they're being attacked, are starving, have strange events occur, or several of those things at once the despair meter never goes very high. I've never seen anyone act "crazy" in a long while.

Are cults still tied to the old "cult seed" system, where someone is humbled by the cosmos, gets insane enough, and attempts to form a cult? Or is it just a random event now?

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Insanity is technically possible and generally (at this point) requires interference from Event Arcs. This balance will be iteratively.

Cults do not work the same as the previous system.

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Any hints?

Or should we take to poking sharp objects into the abyss and hope something squishy yelps back to suggest we found something? :)

4. dbaumgart

You'll see. :D

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

*picks up nearest sharp object and takes to poking*

6. dbaumgart

(That's basically the Cultist solution to everything, isn't it.)

7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Cultists are docile woefully misunderstood individuals given a bad rep!

Thinking about how cultists may have changed, I'm wondering if perhaps certain things may have been shifted to the upper class. Would actually be pretty fitting for the heavy influences such things stem from where the learned aristocracy with fancy educations and idle hands delve into unlooking that which is better left hidden.

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Didn't think about that. Well, now you've forced to me to actually build upper class houses just to find out...

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Some Important Things were also broken, completely, in 52C. They're now fixed for 52D.)

Unforked likes this.
  10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh good! Now I don't have to keep aimlessly trying every random thing that might make a cult form or wake up REDACTED.